Where's my Chairman gone?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

My chairman just retired, he didn'tsell thhe club, he just retired!

Has anyone else seen this? Is it likely to cause me any future issues?

I'd post a screenie but I'm ashamed to admit I don't know how </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try IrfanView - free download too

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967's Wife:

He says:

November 1st season. He would have replied himself but he's just feeding our daughter.

Screen shot to be posted later. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon, get her on the forum - never to young... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phippsy:

lmao the funny thing is Celtic_1967 and Celtic_1967's wife is BLATANTLY the same person icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no we're not! i'd struggle to marry myself and have a baby daughter with myself

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phippsy:

lmao the funny thing is Celtic_1967 and Celtic_1967's wife is BLATANTLY the same person icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no we're not! i'd struggle to marry myself and have a baby daughter with myself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this could be an interesting one icon14.gif

this is not alias usage!!!!

Both me and my wife play fm, we are both seperately registered with this forum and we both use the forum.

why would i pretend to be my own wife. it would be easier for me to post in my own name, it's just that i happened to be busy when my wife noticed a reply on this thread and i asked her to post my response for me

Both me and my wife play fm, we are both seperately registered with this forum and we both use the forum.

why would i pretend to be my own wife. it would be easier for me to post in my own name, it's just that i happened to be busy when my wife noticed a reply on this thread and i asked her to post my response for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay I believe you that reply did make you look supiscious though! I envy you for having such a great wife icon_wink.gif

why would i pretend to be my own wife. it would be easier for me to post in my own name, it's just that i happened to be busy when my wife noticed a reply on this thread and i asked her to post my response for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm, I just checked and it appears you are both posting under the same IP. Mighty suspicious if you ask me icon_eek.gif

we would both be posting under the same ip as both our laptops connect to the same wireless router.

and the reason for this..... wait for it.... we both live in the same place!!!! why would we each have a phone line and a router when we can both connect to the same place

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TFS:

why would i pretend to be my own wife. it would be easier for me to post in my own name, it's just that i happened to be busy when my wife noticed a reply on this thread and i asked her to post my response for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm, I just checked and it appears you are both posting under the same IP. Mighty suspicious if you ask me icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has got to be the absolutely dumbest post i have ever read on any forum, in my entire life.

Of course they have the same IP address...they're married! FFS!

You know what would be really suspicious? If they have the same surname icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TFS:

why would i pretend to be my own wife. it would be easier for me to post in my own name, it's just that i happened to be busy when my wife noticed a reply on this thread and i asked her to post my response for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm, I just checked and it appears you are both posting under the same IP. Mighty suspicious if you ask me icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has got to be the absolutely dumbest post i have ever read on any forum, in my entire life.

Of course they have the same IP address...they're married! FFS!

You know what would be really suspicious? If they have the same surname icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh my god how did you know that me and my wife have the same surname! You must be psychic. lol icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

Back on topic, Have you got a screen shot of this? It sounds like a very rare occurance this! Surely there would of been a news item of some sort! What is the chairman status like on your confidence screen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a Celtic chairman bug - might be worth enquiring or informing them over at the bugs forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

Back on topic, Have you got a screen shot of this? It sounds like a very rare occurance this! Surely there would of been a news item of some sort! What is the chairman status like on your confidence screen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont know how to post a screenie. when the chairman left it said 'brian quinn has retired from professional football to spend more time relaxing etc' or words to that effect.

also on my club confidence screen it shows the chairman status as N/A.

I dont know how to post a screenie. when the chairman left it said 'brian quinn has retired from professional football to spend more time relaxing etc' or words to that effect.

also on my club confidence screen it shows the chairman status as N/A. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, as above, the same thing has happened to me (think my post was lost in amongst all the nonsense), about 6months later into the game and I still have no chairman, doesn't seem to cause any bother, just an annoyance really.

Never happend to me when I have played as the SPL's only Champions League representatives. Peter Lawwell usually replaces Brian Quinn or the odd time I have got a completely new Board member take over and give me some cash - which was nice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DanThomas2006:

Why are you complaining.... I'd give anything for my chairman to leave.. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not complaining, simply stating the facts and askining if it causes any issues. I have noticed that recently my board have been more willing to step in on good transfer offers and accept them over my head than I have ever had previously. I wonder if this is related!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967's Wife:

He says:

November 1st season. He would have replied himself but he's just feeding our daughter.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hazzydeepy:

Id rather have one then not though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reminds me of the "blessing for the Czar" from "Fiddler on the Roof" - "May the Lord bless and keep the czar...far away from us!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DanThomas2006:

Why are you complaining.... I'd give anything for my chairman to leave.. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not complaining, simply stating the facts and askining if it causes any issues. I have noticed that recently my board have been more willing to step in on good transfer offers and accept them over my head than I have ever had previously. I wonder if this is related! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, i have started to notice this now too icon_mad.gif

I thought John Reid *spit* would have been added in the update, considering his appointment was one of the most massive news stories of last year, it moved the clubs worldwide reputation up a few notches and his personality is most certainly totally different from Quinn's.

It's nice fiction he's not around though!

From the Celtic Data Issues thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">John Reid was created and Quinns retirement date was set as november 07 for the Data update. Obviously the game is not picking this up and keeping Quinn in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">John Reid is in the db and set as chairman. To fix it you just need to release Brian Quinn in the editor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no we're not! i'd struggle to marry myself and have a baby daughter with myself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aaah but that's presuming we accept your story that your actually married with a child. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

aaah but that's presuming we accept your story that your actually married with a child. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well to be fair, for ease I made the assumption, that given I have not caused anyone any reason to think other wise, that you would accept it. However if you chose not to that is your perogative icon_wink.gif

I'm starting to think that this has spmething to do with Brian Quinn leaving Celtic and being replaced by John Reid IRL. I was reading the Celtic Data thread yesterday and was told that the 802 patch should have included the change and that it would appear the change isn't always working as it should. Apparently John Reid is in the Editor so I reckon in future i'll just go in and change him over.

I think this is problem solved, so I reckon its time to call in the Mods and get the thread closed please!

He says:

Screen shot to be posted later. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took this post to be Celtic1967 talking about his chairman icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by US ARSENAL:

yup mine too cheeky bugger just up and left to pursue other business interests </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rob, Thats' because he knew you were coming to town so he buggered off from his job, His Kids' with his now poor wife broke and on the game. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived