I am so fed up.

alot of people come on ranting about how the game keeps doing them over, i have seen plenty of teams thow players up to get that goal, managers dont complain, they look at the formation and combat it. You say it keeps happening, how many times and what have you tried to counter it.

If your just sitting there moaning about it happening, do something about it. When im up by a few and the oppostion (quite rightly) throw players up to get goals back, defend, slow the tempo down, waste time, and most of all COUNTER ATTACK! think about it, they go 4-2-4, you stick 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or whatever you play and you will constantly have an edge with numbers, even better of you have a really quick amc (they usually have low defence stats) thow them on and tell them to make forward runs everytime they can!

but thats not really a good solution, whats the point of a football managing game if all you do it buy players, if your results are better when your not there your obviously not playing the right players/formation for your team, even a simple 4-4-2 might not work for some teams, do you tick use current tactics and players?

dude, common sense.

Defence, depth, narrow formation increase time wasting, use counter attack man mark wingers. Basic stuff

Basic stuff that does not work. I'm not some stupid moaner. I've played over 300 seasons of FM only on FM 08 and I know what Im talking about. I do that and they score, not even that, but the very first chance they get.

Ill check the tactics forum though, thanks for the advice.

Basic stuff that does not work. I'm not some stupid moaner. I've played over 300 seasons of FM only on FM 08 and I know what Im talking about. I do that and they score, not even that, but the very first chance they get.

Ill check the tactics forum though, thanks for the advice.

it was probably the 'basic stuff' comment that got that got that reaction but its hard to disagree, you say you've played "300+" seasons yet you cant defend against a 4-2-4? i personally have 11 different tactics saved, basically trial and error against other tactics, when one works, save it as say "anti 4-2-4" so when the dreaded commentary comes up, put it into play. Your game hasn't decided that 4-2-4's will constantly beat you, everyone has/has had the same game and managed just fine.....

I hope the patch fixes all the problems.

Don't think they are still patching 08..

Im winning a cup game 1-2, right away stop the game to switch to defending since the AI goes to 4-2-4. Without even having time to change the tactics, they score.

Now, I have to go for the winner, of course. But they stick with 4-2-4. I cant just defend anymore, obviously.

The game ends 3-2 for them.

With these stats.

1-24.jpg

But yeah, I'm sure there is something I'm doing wrong.

you are definitely doing something wrong mate, not sure if it meant in sarcasm or not but 4-2-4 generally means you will bag a few more, ill ask again, what formation do you use and what do you change to when they go 4-2-4, if its as bad as you say, pause it when they change and change yours! Also do you change your formation/tactics when you are winning? Finally how often is this, you talking every single match your winning in?

Archived