Help needed with three issues...please.

1).Somehow I've have indicated to allow players not in my first eleven to play for the reserves and I don't know how to stop this. Having originally thought this might be a good idea to keep them fit, when not selected, I find that players I'm now want to rest to get their "condition up", are playing for the reserves and are either getting injured or their "condition" has worsened.

2).What does it mean when the game tells me that "free transfers" start in a week's time. How do I find out about this and which players are available to sign, free of charge?

3a)When I sell a player and the offer I accept has money "up front" and the balance paid over 6months 12 months etc. Where does this balance go? Is it made available for future transfers ie in 6 or 12 months time: to pay off loans or does it just disappear from the game?

3b)Similarly when I buy a player and pay some of the fee over 6, 12, 18 or 24 months...how does this work? What amount comes out of my "transer budjet"? It all or what happens?

Any help ( with a full explanation about what to do or what happens ) to resolve these issues would be appreciated.

TIA from a newbie just trying to get as much enjoyment from the game as possible!

Toppers

1. Right-click squad selection untick 'available for reserves'. Can do many players at once if you like.

2. Use the player search feature and set a filter to contract-type "free transfer". You can also scout manually any team you like and such players should have an icon that indicates they are out of contract.

3. The money goes directly to your club's bottom line. You transfer kitty may increase by a percentage of the sale. Transfers over time have money coming in monthly. The money most certainly doesn't disappear! This only happens when a club pays out dividends :(, but you'll need a lot of money to worry about that..

3b. The money gets taken from your transfer budget when the sale is made, unless the deal is > 12 months. >12 months and that money will be taken from next year's budget.

3b). Just to clarify Smac's reply.

If I wanted to buy a player worth £10 million and I had £10 million in my transfer budget.

If the selling club agrees could I buy the player for £5 million up front and the other £5 mill over a 6-24 month period? I assume I would then have £5 million left in my budget? I also assume if this is OK then future budgets would be reduced accordingly by £5 million?

If the player was worth £20 million and I again had only £10 million in my transfer budget, could I pay £10 million up front and the balance over 6-24 months? ( and again if the selling club agrees). This is me actually trying to squeeze extra dosh to buy players!

Finally if I had no money for transfers....can I buy a player offering no money up front and paying his fee by installments over 6-24 months? Again an effort to get that "one more" signing when all my money has been spent.

I have tried to do this but the transfer is usually cancelled due to lack of funds and I don't really understand why?

Again TIA for your help

Toppers

You need to have in your transfer budget enough funds to meet all the payments due in the next twelve months.

So for a £10 million player (No up front payment), paying over 24 months you need £5 million now, and have £5 million remaining in the budget. Paying over 12 months you would need £10 million now and have nothing left in the budget.

Thanks for all the help. I suppose that all makes sense. You guys are terrific. Cheers!

If you would humour me with one final question, please?

"Regen" players which I've seen mentioned in other posts, are imaginary players created by the program...am I right on that?

If so then, how when and where do I locate them?

As usual any tips etc would be appreciated.

TIA

Toppers

OK right I've seen new players coming to the age of 17 and being prompted to give them a contract. I didn't realise they were classed as "Regens".

Do I have any control of how many of these regens are created for my team or is this just random?

So how do I scout "regens" with other clubs?

Is there a phrase that I can enter somewhere on a screen which will list all Regens created or do I need to look at every player in every team?

Sorry I can't remember ever using the scouting system, so I'm not sure how it works.

TIA again

Toppers

OK right I've seen new players coming to the age of 17 and being prompted to give them a contract. I didn't realise they were classed as "Regens".

Do I have any control of how many of these regens are created for my team or is this just random?

I don't think that's always necessarily the 'regens' though they can be. I think the 'regens' are, strictly speaking, created with the message at the beginning of every season when it says, 'the following people have come through the youth academy' (not exactly words) and you get a list of about eight 16-18 year olds.

The 17 year old message is just to tell you they are old enough to get a professional contract.

I don't think you can control how many regens are made at your club though maybe the quality of your youth academy affects it. I'm not sure and I haven't noticed much of a difference in quantity.

Archived