Selling players same season after buying. Next patch SI please?

You know the situation. You buy someone on a big contract. He doesn't do as well as you hope so you try and sell him a few months later.

But you can't because "Clubs are put off as he has just arrived with you" or something to that effect. Now I can understand that SI are trying to stop the buying of players then offloading them for a large fee shortly after but how often does that happen?

Now we have the Robbie Keane situation IRL where Benitez made a mistake and sold him back to Spurs. Surely we should be able to do the same. I bought Cardozo. Big mistake,,, but I just can't shift him in the transfer window. So come on SI have a heart and do something about this in the patch?

Plus a few ridiculous transfer fees in the game would be nice for me too. IRL Bellamy to Man City for 14 Mill. In the game best I could do was Birmingham for 500.000 quid!!!!!!!!! :-(

the reason for this is that a player can't play for 3 different teams in 12months keane was able to move back because he was going back to the original. It is a real life rule so SI are in the right to include this. Unless he goes back to where you bought him it is not allowed.

the reason for this is that a player can't play for 3 different teams in 12months keane was able to move back because he was going back to the original. It is a real life rule so SI are in the right to include this. Unless he goes back to where you bought him it is not allowed.

Ah, I thought it was "more than 3 Clubs".

Well, Actually, as one of the in game hints says, they could 'technically' buy him, they just would not be able to play him.

So its actually logical the computer clubs realise they shouldnt buy a player they cannot play and so avoid him...

Players can Sign for as many clubs as they want to techincally, though they can only play for 2 proffesional clubs per year.

Well, Actually, as one of the in game hints says, they could 'technically' buy him, they just would not be able to play him.

So its actually logical the computer clubs realise they shouldnt buy a player they cannot play and so avoid him...

Players can Sign for as many clubs as they want to techincally, though they can only play for 2 proffesional clubs per year.

FIFA blocked Daniel Cousins move to Fulham last January because he had already played for a French side and Rangers that season. So I'm not sure if what you say is correct. They DIDN'T say "Fulham can sign him, but can't play him", they blocked the move completely.

It is not about playing for a certain club, it is about being registered with more than 3 clubs in one season. Keane going from spur to liverpool was one change in registration. Him going back to spurs was change no. 2, therefore he could not now move to another club as that would be a third registration.

it doesnt make any difference that he came from spurs to l'pool and then back to spurs.

It is not about playing for a certain club, it is about being registered with more than 3 clubs in one season.

Not sure about that either. The main sticking point for Cousins move was that he played for 20 minutes in France before Rangers signed him. It was those 20 minutes that ended the move. If he hadn't made that subs appearance, then Fulham could have signed and played him.

The FIFA regulation is that a player can only be registered with a maximum of three clubs, but only play competitive matches for two of those clubs in a single season. (Article 5 Paragraph 3 of FIFA's Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players)

If my interpretation is indeed accurate, we should be able to move a summer window signing on in the winter window, and he would still be able to play for his third club this season so long as he had not played any competitive matches this season for first club that we signed him from in the summer.

As I understand however, SI has consciously/unwittingly made it so that a second transfer (even if it is a loan) in the same season would be blocked. I am slightly disappointed by this I will admit as it effectively means the game has misinterpreted the FIFA regulation and warped it into that of a player being only able to be registered with a maximum of two clubs.

This was brought up in a previous thread before but no clarification was provided from SI unfortunately. Hopefully someone will take notice of this thread and provide some answers.

Seeing how toothless up front Liverpool were tonight, i think it may well be a mistake by Beneitez in selling him though. Only time will tell.

Read properly next time.

The quote I replied to said that Benitez made a mistake in buying him. I said he didn't make a mitake because he didn't buy him.

Read properly next time.

The quote I replied to said that Benitez made a mistake in buying him. I said he didn't make a mitake because he didn't buy him.

Seeing how toothless up front Liverpool were tonight, i think it may well be a mistake by Beneitez in selling him though. Only time will tell.

How about you read properly next time.

I admit my comment was slightly off-topic in the same way your comment was irrelevant to the OP.

How so? The Opening Poster claimed that Benitz made an error in signing Keane, and I merely pointed out that he didn't make a mistake as he didn't sign him.

The club ruling has nothing at all to do with this problem. If that were the case you’d get a message saying that clubs weren’t bidding because of the club rule rather than because of his reluctance to leave.

You can sign a player in January and then try to sell him in July and you’ll get the same message, which has nothing to do with the ruling since it doesn’t apply. Plus as mentioned, you can sign a youngster in pre-season and try loaning him out for first team experience and you’ll still get the same message.

How so? The Opening Poster claimed that Benitz made an error in signing Keane, and I merely pointed out that he didn't make a mistake as he didn't sign him.

Because he is talking about selling players in the game after they have been at a club for a certain length of time. Whether Benitez did or did not buy Keane is irrelevant, the fact Liverpool had him for 6 months then sold him is the point that is being made.

The club ruling has nothing at all to do with this problem. If that were the case you’d get a message saying that clubs weren’t bidding because of the club rule rather than because of his reluctance to leave.

You can sign a player in January and then try to sell him in July and you’ll get the same message, which has nothing to do with the ruling since it doesn’t apply. Plus as mentioned, you can sign a youngster in pre-season and try loaning him out for first team experience and you’ll still get the same message.

That is my point. The FIFA regulation approves of players moving twice in a single season, therefore that blanket message you get when you want to transfer/loan a new signing out should be tweaked upon.

I had a new signing who was upset with a team-mate and disliked him, as well as being unsettled in the region. My solution was to offer him out to other clubs on loan for the rest of the season for him to not have to face the other player da in and day out and aggravate the tension. But I got the message that this player will not be moving because he just arrived at the club, which seems pretty silly to me.

Agreed. Its an annoying bit of business. I'd rather the rule weren't simulated than have it overly simulated.

Villa sold David Unsworth to Everton, days after signing him.

In FM you should be able to move a player on regardless of time spent at a club. Every player has their price and a buyer will always be found. Now, if it is the case that you would be breaking a real life FA rule by letting a player sign for more than the allotted clubs, then that is a different matter and should be reflected in the game.

I agree with the OP, it's annoying when you try to offload a player because you made a mistake, only to be told no club will bid because he has only just signed...Even when I tell him he's not needed...

More about David Unsworth.

Before the start of the 1998/1999 season, he transferred to Aston Villa from West Ham. However, his family could not settle in the Birmingham area. One month later, without having played a single game for Aston Villa, he was transferred back to Everton, the first club he played for.

More about David Unsworth.

Before the start of the 1998/1999 season, he transferred to Aston Villa from West Ham. However, his family could not settle in the Birmingham area. One month later, without having played a single game for Aston Villa, he was transferred back to Everton, the first club he played for.

Hence then this wouldn't actually break any rules today anyway. He'd have been registered for three clubs, but would only actually have played for two.

Hence then this wouldn't actually break any rules today anyway. He'd have been registered for three clubs, but would only actually have played for two.

No, but if it were FM the move would never have happened because David Unsworth "would be reluctant to leave after only being at the club a short time"....or words to that effect. I believe that was the original point.

No, but if it were FM the move would never have happened because David Unsworth "would be reluctant to leave after only being at the club a short time"....or words to that effect. I believe that was the original point.

Yup, something like "no clubs are willing to make a bid as Unsworth is a recent arrival at Aston Villa".

All of the examples above are of cases where the team signed the player and then a short time later a team came in wanting that player (with the possible exception of Unsworth) - in FM the message comes up when you actively try to sell a player, has anyone had that message come up when another team has made an offer without you offering out or transfer listing the player? - the computer is quite happy to poach my players within a year of me signing them, I've also just tested it by setting up a new user and bidding on the new players I've signed for my main team this season and the players were quite happy to move provided their wage demands were met.

So it is possible to sell new signings, you just need to wait for a bid rather than offer out the player.

Though getting the message when you try to loan someone out is rather annoying.

Plus a few ridiculous transfer fees in the game would be nice for me too. IRL Bellamy to Man City for 14 Mill. In the game best I could do was Birmingham for 500.000 quid!!!!!!!!! :-(

TBH the FM fee was more realistic.

Man City are clueless.

Archived