Make All 3 Subs At Your Peril!

i only ever make 2 substitutions before 70 mins because of this. it has happenedto me a few times where i have had players injured 2 mins after making my final substitution.

it is strange how when your team goes down to 10 men they turn into idiots and panic and forget how to clear the ball.

Putting capitals before every word makes you look childish.

On topic, it doesn't happen to me much as my training has been taken back a bit to prevent injuries and wearing out my players. I normally have one sub left after the 75th min mark anyways.

I agree with the other guy, its sods law. More often and not for me. I try to make the substitions with x3 super subs, 9/10 it fails for me. Hell, if I even sub just one player than I can gaurantee that, more players than I can sub will be injured.

I am more cautious now. But still it still pains me when it happens, in an odd way as the seasons continue I laugh it off.

Isn't the injury 'bug' directly related to poor physical condition/tiredness/fatigue? If so, it is logical that more injuries will be likely to happen.

Also, if it has happened to you 8 times out of 10, why would you keep using all three subs before the 70th minute? I realise that holding a player back in reserve shouldnt be the answer, but it does seem an easy fix for now.

Happens more often than it should. I appreciate players are more likely to be injured later in the game, but most games I watch irl make it through 90 minutes without any players forced to leave through injury.

I'd say 6/10 it happened, so I always save a sub now just incase. I always sign some players who are versatile so I can move players around rather than use a sub.

Every Single Time I Make All 3 Substitutions Before The 70th Minute I'm Guaranteed To Get An Injury! Was Just Wondering If Anyone Else Experiences This?

Well now you know what not to do :)

But on a serious note, this has never happened to me atall.

I almost always make all three at some stage between 60 and 70 minutes however the match is going for me and rarely do I find myself down to 10 men as a result. Sure it happens sometimes, but for me its a lot lower than 10% of the time. I don't know where all of this 80% business is coming from.

Just To Answer The Question Everyone Seems To Be Asking, I Make 3 Subs Before The 70th Minute As I Like To Keep My Squad Fresh. E.g Not Run Down Their Condition To Anything Under 78%. Just A Little Piece Of Advice To A Few On These Forums, Sarcasm Is The Lowest Form Of Wit!

I try and avoid making subs in 09, as taking a player off is less beneficial than letting them play the whole game, condition wise. I would have thought they'd have fixed this bug by now after 2 patches.

This is because players who play the full 90 regain about 10% condition immediately after the final whistle, while those who you sub off don't regain any :-(

The problem is that there are too many injuries during matches on FM09. I rarely play a match that doesn't feature at least one injury, and it is not uncommon to have four or five players injured in a single match.

WTF?! :p

Yes it's uncommon to have four or five players injured in a single match. I recently played a game where 3 players were carried off injured and I tried to remember if it was the first time I experienced that in FM2009 :) I came to the conclusion that it was the second time :D

The only time I use all three subs is if I'm comfortably ahead. Otherwise I always save one (barring injuries, cards forcing changes, etc.) for the last 5-10 minutes if needing a goal or to play a shut down formation.

WTF?! :p

Yes it's uncommon to have four or five players injured in a single match. I recently played a game where 3 players were carried off injured and I tried to remember if it was the first time I experienced that in FM2009 :) I came to the conclusion that it was the second time :D

That's not my experience. I'm currently half way through a season, and I've already played three matches where I've been forced to use all three substitutions in the first half an hour.

• 2 weeks later...

CL Final, made all three subs at overtime. One because a player was sent off. Extra time comes around and I get two injuries. I'm down to 9 men. I made it to the penalty shootout but lost 3-4.. :(

If I had 11 men I would most likely have won, because I ruled the match even with 9 men.

I try to avoid using all three because of this

I remember IRL Newcastle dumping Chelsea out of the Cup once because Jose used all his subs and we just started snapping legs until he didn't have a team fit enough to break our defence down.

I always save one sub until the 80th minute, for this reason. Then if something does happen, I only have to hang on for 10 minutes instead of half a game. I learned the hard way about using all 3 subs too early in the match.

Sometimes though it does seem like the CPU will decide that not only are you going to lose the match, you're also going to lose 3 starters for a few weeks to a few months. :mad:

Archived