Players in 'non' natural positions

How much does it affect a players performance, if he is played in a position that he is for example, only accomplished. I play 4-4-2 and am often put off buying DMC's and AMC's if they aren't naturally a CM. Just a thought

Have always wondered this myself. You might notice that coach reports generally give lower star ratings for non natural positions.

I seem to remember readings somewhere that these ratings are loosely based on CA/PA. If so, does this mean the players CA is scaled down somewhat (along with stats obviously) behind the scenes when playing in accomplished (or lower) positions?

Have always wondered this myself. You might notice that coach reports generally give lower star ratings for non natural positions.

I seem to remember readings somewhere that these ratings are loosely based on CA/PA. If so, does this mean the players CA is scaled down somewhat (along with stats obviously) behind the scenes when playing in accomplished (or lower) positions?

My thoughts exactly, will he be playing at say 10 -20% below his potential best, while ever he's not playing in a natural position?

i think most players can play well in any position but just cant hold it down for a string of games , but for say 40 mins a game i think rooney could play right back at 7.0 for example

You know what, you do have a point!

My thoughts and attempts are:-

It can be a a tactical suprise.

Though it's more than likely to be dependant upon that you have chosen to play a player may it be a new star signing or a star team player out of position may it be very well for it to be done then, but can they, be consitant as they might not be able to play for the full 90 minutes in the non-normal (Natural) position, or even for a string of games/maybe. That springing the tactical suprise is just a one off.

I don't really know. It's a tricky beast, I have at times thought. Sod you red dot, I know it is not the best position for the player to play in. But it is for the team <Some team scenario here.> Such as player injuries / lack of players or no players that can play actually play in the postion for the team formation/tactics you wan't to play or even achieve.

When considering this; may it be down to good or bad just plain 'Luck' good or bad ;). Or your chosen 'Formation/Tactics' maybe it's a given that player would play there as it would make perfect sence that you've X players playing Y formation. However, I think brez22 has a point, they should be able to play anywhere. But not consistantly. You know :S

My thoughts exactly, will he be playing at say 10 -20% below his potential best, while ever he's not playing in a natural position?

I think it depends on their (hidden) versitility attribute. A player with versitility 1 will take a big hit playing out of position. A player with versitility 20 playing in an accomplished position will be at near peak.

I generally only play players regularly in an accomplished position if they are central midfielders, otherwise natural only. This is because it doesn't seem to affect midfielders, don't know why. I do try and give them the occasional game in their natural position though, which is useful as you generally have to change formation to do so and is a nice tactical surprise.

I think it depends on their (hidden) versitility attribute. A player with versitility 1 will take a big hit playing out of position. A player with versitility 20 playing in an accomplished position will be at near peak.

Good Shout, thats probably got a lot to do with it

There's not much to worry about playing a player who is accomplished!!

Main Entry:

ac·com·plished

Function:

adjective

Date:

15th century

1 a: proficient as the result of practice or training <an accomplished dancer> ; also : skillfully done or produced <an accomplished film> b: having many social accomplishments

2: established beyond doubt or dispute <an accomplished fact>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/accomplished

Archived