FM09 is toying with my nerves!

Well, I'm managing Real Madrid and my arch rivals Barcelona are doing extremely well in the first season. I *know* Barcelona is a brilliant team, especially in this season, but still. Look at the final table:

finaltk2.jpg

My nerves are on the outside of my skin after such a finish - shame on you, SI ;) On a serious note though, it seems like a bit much is required to win the league.

This is from the final game, which I had to win to be certain to get 1st place:

lastsy8.jpg

Played a 2-3-5 formation in the last 3 minutes. Seemed like the game tried to make it even harder in the end, as I had 5 first team players injured during the last 3 matches, including the CL final. It was against Barcelona actually - my team won 5-4 on penalties. SO, as you can imagine - it's been a very 'interesting' end to the first season, which fortunately ended with Real Madrid winning the treble :) Just thought I'd share.

It's head to head results that count in Spain. At home I drew with Barca, but was lucky enough to win 1-0 away. And yes, I was quite amazed how few goals I conceded - the downside is the lack of goals scored, when comparing to Barca. Luckily, it didn't matter :) I've been using this formation in every match, with close to no tweaks at all:

formationxg0.jpg

I'm pretty sure there's room for improvement in the attacking department, but I can't really figure out what I need to do to score more goals.

Archived