Stingy Board

So I became Brentford manager 18 months ago and on my arrival I had to deal with the 300k of debt the club was suffering from, and so I had no transfer budget to work with (fair enough). Eighteen months later and i'm in a playoff position in League 2 at the end of January after winning the BSP and SS the season before, and have made 1.1m profit in the process.

However, I still have a transfer budget of zero, my request for extra funds denied, but I had 5% of retained transfer fees to work with should I sell any players. Sure enough, I had a £350,000 offer for a first teamer which I accepted, thus meaning I would have just under £18,000 to buy a new player, not an impossible task by any means

Unfortunately, this 5% figure was reduced back to 0% for no reason hours before the sale was agreed! Leaving me minus a first team player and the funds required to buy the replacement I had lined up icon_frown.gif

Anybody had the same problem? It's so infuriating, but this is probably realistic of a number of football boards...

Archived