Brought to club under false pretences?

Any idea how I can solve this problem? I brought Slovenian player Mitja Viler to my Sheffield Wednesday squad in the first season on the latest patch. I gave him a contract with first team status and has played every game since his move (6 games, 3 goals). Why is he complaining that he's been brought to the club under false pretences or have I missed something?

Just one thought - has anyone from the press asked about signing him and received the reply "I'll only sell at the right price"? This can sometimes default to the player thinking you want to sell him? Also, check his status - see if you've accidentally put him up for sale or loan.

I've had first team players mad at me for being first team players, rotation players mad at being rotated, and backups mad for being a backup. Not to mention how fun it is keeping key players happy as they recover and gain fitness following an injury. On the flip side I've had first team players that I use in reserves for months that never seem to mind. It must be tied to their personalities, but who knows in what way.

this happens when you sign someone and then change his status shortly after. IE you sing him as a firs teamer and then change it to backup right after he arrives.

I haven't changed his status though. Also, I don't recall anybody asking about him through the media.

I had a similar problem with a player I bought to the club you got Mitja Viler from...curious similarity. That's Koper btw.

Well I assume you got him from Koper...he may have moved first.

It seems to have resided for now, but I do recall him making a comment about not being happy with my team talks. He thought I was too harsh on the players. I tend to criticize players if they don't up their rating from the starting figure of 6.4. It could be that.

He's happy enough at the moment though.

You have to remember that players will make comments in their personal screens that may not get reported by the media. I have to admit to being quite lax about it myself, but I guess it is recommended to keep an eye on player's personal status.

Keep Viler happy and he'll win you stuff btw.

Archived