Date to Sign?

An idea i was thinking about earlier today.

We all know that when signing a player, we have the ability to select to sign him when he is next available, or at the end of the season in either country.

But what about if you wanted to sign a player at a later date, such as a year or a year and a half time. This would be a great addition if for example, you had a Great defensive midfielder you didn't want to drop, who was around 29 years old, and an amazing young defensive midfielder you had to sign ASAP before somebosy else snapped him up. You could then lodge a bid for this player, and in the transfer offer screen choose a date. This would be done by clicking on a date from the mini-calendar, as you do while going on holiday.

I believi this would be a good addition, that would be very helpful, especially when squads are being rebuilt.

It is quite realistic. I've seen it happen, they don't buy the players for them to join in 7 years time. But a lot of teams buy youngsters and they don't actually join for another 2/3/4 years.

The loaning back to a club would also be a good option, but this would be harder to implement?

Archived