Surprise package

Who has been the surprise player for you in your teams, the 1 who was like a backup, not even that, who made there way to become your top player. mine was carlton cole for west ham, i tried to get rid of him for ages but then had a injury crisis so had no choice but to play him and then he become a top player for me and just kept scoring. he got called up to the england team aswell, but didnt play unfortunalty.

Patrick Ageymang for my Q.P.R side, i gave him a run in the cup, he played well scoring twice, so i gave him a few league games and he continued to impress, he has since lost his place with Blackstock Vine & Balanta playing more frequently now.

I was forced to play Wellbeck for a few games in my season through injuries to Berbatov and Rooney. 4 games he scored 3 goals. I gave him a cup run after that and he played in each of my league and FA Cup matches scoring 7 goals along the way, certainly surprised me :)

Lucas, in my Liverpool squad. He has consistently put in some good performances, and with xabi alonso's stock rising after a good season It looks like i might just have to agree to barca's 27mil offer. I've also trained lucas to play out as a RM and he has proven a very reliable replacement to kuyt and benayoun, who both made me a pretty penny on the transfer market.

In FM08, I found a striker called Rosenberg - super sub for whatever team I was. He had really high anticipation, I think, and good heading.

In FM09 I'd say Jonas on my Newcastle save. His attributes are terrible but his performances are always top-notch. Not sure why. Good mental stats and good pace, but pretty average for everything else.

Went back to FM2007 yesterday and started managing Manchester United, bought Billy Sharp after my scout found him - he told me I should only sign him as a last resort, and so I did (for £2.4mil) because I was short of strikers.

I'm into October now (first season), and he's my top scorer with 10 goals in 10 Premiership games - he even cheekily lobbed Paul Robinson in only his second Premiership match. He's absolutely brilliant, his value is steadily increasing too.

Darren Fletcher in FM08. I almost sold him a couple of games into the second season for around £5million and he hadnt really played in the first season but I had to cancel that and play him when Anderson and Carrick got injured. he was brilliant and his value shot up to £12million by the end of the season. :cool:

Nobody bar the most avid Reading fan will know this player, but in my Kidderminster game, I've brought in a young striker on loan from Reading for three months. He's Icelandic, 18, and goes by the name of Viktor Illugason. I didn't expect him to be so good. He's been a goalscoring machine for me! I just hope I can extend his loan to the end of the season come January.

Keirrison.

I signed him for his 'Wonderkid' status, and expected him to score only 10 or so goals.

In the end, he netted the most for my club, at 42(In 56 games).

He was 4th top league scorer, too. And that was missing some games to the Olympics, as well as a leg-breakage in the last 3 months.

He got the best signing of the premiership, and best young player of the year.

I found my regens to be my "savious", the standard of Regens has really increased since 08 :thup: and it is definatley for the best, before 09 i wouldn't have really relied on the regens for anything.

Aside from regens, Simon Heslop was a great player for me:) as was Adam Legzdins.

On my previous save it was Guy Madjo for Shrewsbury. His stats were crap and my assistant didn't rate him so I shoved him in my reserves. Then one game I only had one uninjured striker inmy first team so I called him up. He scored a hattrick in that game, so I kept him in my team for the next. By the end of the season he was my top scorer

danny hollands for my bournemouth team

he was captain when i got there and still is 4 years on

the only players to have survived the mass player exile when i arrived there mid season in year 1

Danny is good, went to school with him when he first got the call for Chelsea !!

In FM09 I'd say Jonas on my Newcastle save. His attributes are terrible but his performances are always top-notch. Not sure why. Good mental stats and good pace, but pretty average for everything else.

I will agree with this, Jonas was a beast on my Newcastle save. Played pretty much every game for me as I didnt have anyone else for RM, chipped in with around 10 goals and around 15 assists. Sold him to Liverpool for £15m at the end of the season.

Lovenkrands. Just started a new game with an update from the editors thread, and when Alex got injured I stuck him on the left wing and he's played 13 games and scored 5 - with a rating of 7 in the league. Not bad for someone who's out of contract in the summer!

Nobody bar the most avid Reading fan will know this player, but in my Kidderminster game, I've brought in a young striker on loan from Reading for three months. He's Icelandic, 18, and goes by the name of Viktor Illugason. I didn't expect him to be so good. He's been a goalscoring machine for me! I just hope I can extend his loan to the end of the season come January.

Nobody but Reading fans?, I know him from when I tried to bring him back to play in Iceland after his contract ran out :D

Biggest surprise for me so far, Emre Pürselim who was available for free for my newly promoted side to Turkish 2nd division, the German/Turk was still a key player 5 years later in the Turkish premier division.

I brought a brazilian regen called Alison brought him for 170k four years ago and is now worth 31,000,000 million suprised me as when i brought him his scout report only said he has the potential a decent player for most premiership teams lol

For me it would be Kevin Thomson at Rangers.

I got took over at the end of the first season and since then ive built up a squad with a total value of £239m (Robinho plays for me, and Beckham retired after 2 seasons with me).

The rest of the team are regens bar Craig Gordon, John Fleck and Bojan.

Thomson has been solid in midfield for me the entire time and at 32 hes still going strong.

Alvaro was my top young player at one point. Signed from Barca for £1.4 mil at 17 he was one of the top prospects for the club. By 19 though he was yet to show any improvement and his position at the club was in question. When several other strikers failed to score I decided it was time for him to have another chance. He's been free scoring ever since. 29 in the previous season from 37 matches and about 20 from 25 matches this season. Not a bad strike rate from a 21 year old.

Ameobi. He seems to always do well in all the versions of CM/FM to date even though in real life he's pretty average. I keep letting my real life experience of him stop me from playing him but whenever I'm forced to play him he always does well untill I'm forced to always play him and he scores freely!

MASCIO i brought him in my leeds game when i was in devision2 and he is the only player to survive in my team, which has now won the premiership 1 and the champions league 1, hei s worldclass now valued at 28million:D

Keirrison.

I signed him for his 'Wonderkid' status, and expected him to score only 10 or so goals.

In the end, he netted the most for my club, at 42(In 56 games).

He was 4th top league scorer, too. And that was missing some games to the Olympics, as well as a leg-breakage in the last 3 months.

He got the best signing of the premiership, and best young player of the year.

Pretty much same as above with slightly less goals

Felipe Caicedo. Matched Robinho goal for goal despite only playing half the matches the Brazilian has played.

They keep taking turns to be top scorer. I think they're both on 12 now (It's January in my season).

can vouch for caicedo ,for my catania side 2 seasons in . took him on loan as back up ...ended up scoring 20 odd goals in the league!!

For me it's this regen

I bought him before this season as a backup but my first choice right back was injured for my first league game so I played him. He played well and even got an assist and he kept on playing well. Now he's feeling the pressure of public expectation so I've stuck him in the U18s for a bit.

Archived