Suggestion: Vital Attributes highlighting

Heres a quick and simple suggestion which, if implemented i'm sure would make alot of peoples FM lives easier.

When looking at a players attributes, the vital ones for his Main/Best position could be highlighted red or another colour to show new players what you should look for when choosing between 2 players to put in your starting 11. This could also help when purchasing new players and re-training youth players.

User Feedback:

• Perhaps an Option to turn it on or off
  • Allow Gamers to specify which attributes to highlight
  • Red Bar instead of text http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3339/examplenf5.png
  • Implement suggestion as a alternative mode of viewing player stats
  • Introduce a small drop down menu that lets you change the highlighted colours for the position you want if the player has multiple positions

Example Picture (Vital Attributes highlighted in red):

example.png

So, what do you think?

Perhaps this suggestion could be modified to instead allow gamers to save templates where you can select whichever attributes to highlight?

Having the game decide for you whichever attributes to highlight would take a lot out of playing the game in my opinion, as deciding what attributes are key for which playing roles is not always consistent for everyone. Certain gamers may favour mental stats while others may favour the position-appropriate technical stats for example.

I must say SI must love this forums because they dont have to think of new ideas, we do their jobs and they get paid to further them slightly. Cracking suggessstions like many i have stumbled across in these forums. clap clap

Maybe they'll throw in a free copy of FM10 if they implement it! *wishes*:D

Great idea! I like it a lot.

A lot of the time I look at 'Specific' stats when choosing players. Can easily be added into to the current game skin/ come game mechanicsl, well in my opinion. I am no game programmer, no need to turn it on and off as I can imagine that can be as frustrating if you forget to turn it on/off, so why can't it be some sort of option from the 'VIEW' button in the top right hand corner from the in game skin picture from within this very thread. With sub menu's for the stat that you're after. No need to be complicated.

So you can check specific stats on the fly so to speak, just as you would check player growth.

+1 From me.

I have thought about something like that in the past: (see the composure attribute)

PICTURE

It would be even easier to spot (the red colour is random)

Not a bad idea, the reason i just changed the text colour is i'm not sure wether or not users would have liked a red bar running accross an attribute, but it is certainly effective!

Edit: Updated the first post with more ideas

But what about versatile players? I have a good D/DM/M C who I actually keep playing in DC and MC at times. Which attributes should be highlighted for him? There would have to be another drop-down added to choose the position for which they are highlighted at least, but then again the feature would lose much of its appeal as you'd always have to check first whether it's set to the role you are looking for.

So after all I don't feel we need this. My eyes have got so used to screening the screen for the needed attributes that different coulours would just serve to irritate me.

But what about versatile players? I have a good D/DM/M C who I actually keep playing in DC and MC at times. Which attributes should be highlighted for him? There would have to be another drop-down added to choose the position for which they are highlighted at least, but then again the feature would lose much of its appeal as you'd always have to check first whether it's set to the role you are looking for.

So after all I don't feel we need this. My eyes have got so used to screening the screen for the needed attributes that different coulours would just serve to irritate me.

you could just have a little drop down menu that lets you change the highlighted colours for the position you want

this would also be helpful for when you wanted to retrain a players position and you wanted to know if theyd be sutied to it

The option to turn it off would stop your eyes from being irritated.

However you raise a good issue that is tricky to find a working solution for, but maybe atonements idea could be feasible, a drop down menu for which position you are hoping to play him in. How does that sound?

Note: Updated first post with more idea's

So what happens if his stats are 16 what colour you gona make it then? blue or red?

Supperd idea though and one id love to see implemented.

If you look at his screenshots, he actually wants the attribute word to be highlighted, not the number, which will remain the same. :)

Also i would recommend that others than GK:s would have those red highlights for natural position and if that player has more than one natural positions it would be used maybe different colors for highlights based on ST/AM/M/DM/D/GK lines.

At the moment i have for this written on paper important skills for each positions.

one of the best ideas for a while and extremely simple. The problem with the amount of rubbish which gets posted on these forums at the moment is good ideas like this tend to get overlooked

Thanks, hopefully it won't get overlooked!

great idea but isn't this just taking the "searching for player with specific attributes" one step further?

That is one aim of the suggestion but the main aim is to provide the user with a easy way of comparing different players together to see what positions they excel in.

Indeed, great idea imo

however i also agree that it should be able to be turned off, or maybe even that you could edit which attributes are considered to be "Key" attributes, as some people (like me) may disagree which attribs. are the most important

Even better idea that. That means you could tailor your managerial personality and which players you want to fit your system. Maybe the game could comment on that in-game, for example:

'There are rumours flying around that <manager> is interested in <player> because of his great passing. <Manager> has tended to go for good passers of the ball in the <DMF> position throughout his career.'

Archived