Choosing players to take to away matches

This is just a idea i just had. won't it be good if like in real life, we have to pick a team of players to take to our away matches(especially abroad) before the math. because its not like , lets say i have 30 players in my team, i wont take all 30 players to play real madrid in the champions league, only about 20 actually travel in real life. so shouldn't we have to actually choose before.

This is just a idea i just had. won't it be good if like in real life, we have to pick a team of players to take to our away matches(especially abroad) before the math. because its not like , lets say i have 30 players in my team, i wont take all 30 players to play real madrid in the champions league, only about 20 actually travel in real life. so shouldn't we have to actually choose before.

I do really like this idea but not sure if it will actually get put through as it's not a major issue with most people

It's similar to team selection just before the match isn't it?

not really. if i was taking my team abroad, i wouldn't take them all, because i'll be flying a day or two before the match wouldn't i. this means that lets say a player gets injured in training just before the match, it would narrow the team down further as i can only choose between a certain amount of players not the full squad

not really. if i was taking my team abroad, i wouldn't take them all, because i'll be flying a day or two before the match wouldn't i. this means that lets say a player gets injured in training just before the match, it would narrow the team down further as i can only choose between a certain amount of players not the full squad

So you mean something similar to international selection, where the squad is confirmed days before the game?

So you mean something similar to international selection, where the squad is confirmed days before the game?

Yeh something similar to that. It would add a bit more realism to the game aswell. and could also make it harder if your star striker gets injured just before the match and you haven't got good enough replacements who are fully fit

But I don't think clubs actually have a strict selection squad for away matches. From what I know everyone is available for selection up until kickoff, unless they are actually unavailable (injured or suspended) or they are left out deliberately for some reason or another (bust up or left behind, a la Keano at Sunderland with those three players).

its a good idea , just like real life, select the squad of 18 or 20 on a thursday and then on the saturday or sunday take two out as extra players , this would keep added reserve goalies happy as they can be in the 20 man squad and then left out at the last minute.

Yeh exactly, it could add as a morale booster to the reserves, which could help them to perform better to get into the first team more often

In some countries, I know for definate in Argentina and Brazil, the chosen first team sqaud for each games goes into what is called 'concentration'. This is when the squad all stay together for 24 hours before a game and stay at a hotel. Even for home matches.

This is considered to be standard practice.

You would take a squad of 30 with you.

Injuries can happen before the match itself, and so you will take your first-team, a back-up for every position, and then another back-up, in case one of the original players gets injured in pre-match, and then one gets injured in-match.

11 starters

11 back-ups for them

9 back-ups for back-ups

Ok, for 30 is a little too much.

But the way it is much better.

But if your talking European competition, dont you have to select a squad of 25 anyway?

But anyone under 21 at the start of the season is eligible whether selected in your squad for Europe, and is essentially available to select. You are pretty much flying your whole youth team out to each away game, as they available to play.

Yeh just imagine it, if ferguson takes an unknown player with him on an away game, the media gets crazy, so if i took a virtually unknown with me on my away match, it could prove to give the match more attention and give the player in question a morale boost

Yeh something similar to that. It would add a bit more realism to the game aswell. and could also make it harder if your star striker gets injured just before the match and you haven't got good enough replacements who are fully fit

The last thing this game needs is to be made harder it's taken me nearly 6 months to get a tactic that works

Yeh just imagine it, if ferguson takes an unknown player with him on an away game, the media gets crazy, so if i took a virtually unknown with me on my away match, it could prove to give the match more attention and give the player in question a morale boost

Not that it hasn't happened before. Think of the number of times the big 4 (Arsenal especially) have played their youth players in dead rubber European games.

I agree that it could be an option for those who want it, but not implement it throughout.

Archived