Question about Ambition?

I read somewhere that Ambition has an effect in the match engine is that true?

It was stated that a low ambitious player might not play to his full capabilities in a game, whereas a high ambitious player will try but maybe not be able to do so because of his lack of skill.

Man I was always thinking it was only about trying to win as much as possible and giving their best in training and what not.

So what's now ture?

I don't think it has much to do with individual performances in games.

I think it has to do with development. A low ambitious player won't look to push himself and isn't too bothered about progressing and winning trophies whereas a highly ambitious player looks to push himself and wants to progress his career further

It has to do with development, but it also has to do with how the player reacts to team talks. So an ambitious player has a better probability to react well to a team talk that goes "well, we are underdogs, but we can win this!". So, indirectly, it may affect performances, especially when you are being the underdog. That's what I have noticed.

Last but not least, if you are not running a big club, ambitious players will jump to more reputed trains once they get the chance (especially if their loyalty is not that great).

I think it should be possible to see how ambitious a player is, I know there is something about it in the players descriptions of what kind of player he is but maybe something extra added such as in the training catergory a coach could say that the player is looking really sharp and trying to improve themselves or that they werent putting in much effort. Also on match day if your team is losing you could be told by your ass. man. that the player is going through the motions or that he is tracking back, making tackles and trying to get his team back in the game.

on match day if your team is losing you could be told by your ass. man. that the player is going through the motions or that he is tracking back, making tackles and trying to get his team back in the game.

Actually you can kind of see this if you look at his motivation during the match (Team Ratings--> View--> Motivation).

Actually you can kind of see this if you look at his motivation during the match (Team Ratings--> View--> Motivation).

Can't say i've ever noticed that i only look at their rating. Is it new or has it been here for a few versions?

Can't say i've ever noticed that i only look at their rating. Is it new or has it been here for a few versions?

I don't know, I noticed this in FM09 (after playing two seasons), and I was wondering myself whether it's been there for some time. It's easy to miss. Great screen though, very useful! It helps a lot with half time team talks too.

Archived