Idiot of a player

Quite possibly the most infuriating moment I've ever seen on FM in my life, playing in the european championships against Portugal (ranked 1st in the world) with Switzerland its 2-2 and my striker is clean through one-on-one with the keeper, he dribbles through a bit and goes around the keeper then 'sportingly' puts the ball out of play because of an opposition player injured on the side of the pitch a fair bit behind him.

Never been so annoyed with a player in my life, I can't believe he did it. In that situation, quite frankly I'd be tempted to say sod all sportsmanship and score.

Not saying it wouldn't happen just you have to think, this is your chance to make yourself a hero and score the winner (game finished 2-2 and this was in the 78th minute) when your nation is perceived far weaker than theirs in football terms and you don't mess it up you just give it away.

Not saying it wouldn't happen just you have to think, this is your chance to make yourself a hero and score the winner (game finished 2-2 and this was in the 78th minute) when your nation is perceived far weaker than theirs in football terms and you don't mess it up you just give it away.

IRL i think your team would earn much more respect for sporting play rather than 1 positive result against a stronger team.

Something not quite as bad happened to me.

I was struggling in the last 10 minutes against Ipswich(newbs in the PL).

One of their players got injured, and my GK punted the ball out for a Corner.

Thankfully he redeemed himself, and I got the win anyway.

Archived