Beta Testing

I emailed mine back but still nothing, guessing they got a lot of people to notify so we'll all prob hear at the same time once they have put in place what's needed for us to test & not have what happened with testing on FM07 happen.

If that the case why goto the trouble of emailing us the form's to sign & for us to go to the hassle of getting it back to them just for us not to be successful? Why would they be such teases??

Not sure mate my was sorted fairly quick

Lucky guy, been checking my email everyday waiting to test but now i know that SI are C**K teases, they've taken my money all these years & they teased me with the promise of testing, feel so used & cheap & yet they know i'll be back for more!!

TBF, you've waited quite a long time to come on and ask about this, I, like plenty of others, have been testing for weeks now and if you were really that bothered about it, you should really have chased it up sooner and maybe you would have got in or been told why you didn't get in

and maybe, some of you waited too long to fax/mail it back to SI...i did it in, about 3 days and everything is ok....and i sent a lot of mails to some people, so they could see that i am trying to keep in touch and so i would know that they will not "avoid" me for testing

TBF, you've waited quite a long time to come on and ask about this, I, like plenty of others, have been testing for weeks now and if you were really that bothered about it, you should really have chased it up sooner and maybe you would have got in or been told why you didn't get in

Not really, not everybody is imapatient and in a rush to come on here and ask questions you see.

Not really, not everybody is imapatient and in a rush to come on here and ask questions you see.

It's not about impatience, it is about the fact that leaving it to less than 2 weeks before the date that the patch has been released in recent years. That doesn't exactly smack of common sense and ingenuity. If he really wanted to test it, then applying some logic would have gone a long way

It's not about impatience, it is about the fact that leaving it to less than 2 weeks before the date that the patch has been released in recent years. That doesn't exactly smack of common sense and ingenuity. If he really wanted to test it, then applying some logic would have gone a long way

Thats why i asked earlier if it was testing for the patch only, or whether applicants were maybe being held for testing FM2010.

Send a query email to the address you sent the form to. It's possible they didn't receive it properly if faxed (garbled, chewed, or some such). You could still get the new version if they think more people are needed on it. If you were chosen in the first place, they probably wanted your opinion.

Send a query email to the address you sent the form to. It's possible they didn't receive it properly if faxed (garbled, chewed, or some such). You could still get the new version if they think more people are needed on it. If you were chosen in the first place, they probably wanted your opinion.

Send a query to Simon Tipple (the lad that sent the email) and see what the deal is. I got a reply in a week and have been testing for a while now.

there will have been various reasons that some have been picked and you havent as i was one of the llucky ones to get picked but it might have been because i beta tested FMLive for over a year as well and it might depend on how active you are in forum.But onlu the powers that be at SI know the answers on who got picked and who didint

Out of interest, do you get paid for testing? im guessing its just the joy of the game? Do they send you a download link or a disk or do you actually have to go somewhere? How many hours do you have to play etc.

Paid for playing the game (dont know didnt ask!!) :oYou receive a link to download the test version and install onto your 'puter and theres no rules on how much/often you have to play. Other than keeping an eye out for bugs and informing SI its not really that different to playing normally imo.

And before you ask we're sworn to secrecy about the specifics of whats being tested :thup:

Paid for playing the game (dont know didnt ask!!) :oYou receive a link to download the test version and install onto your 'puter and theres no rules on how much/often you have to play. Other than keeping an eye out for bugs and informing SI its not really that different to playing normally imo.

And before you ask we're sworn to secrecy about the specifics of whats being tested :thup:

That we are we got secret hand shakes and lot:D:eek:

Thats why i asked earlier if it was testing for the patch only, or whether applicants were maybe being held for testing FM2010.

Dunno whether they would even be past alpha testing for 2010 yet? surely they finish the last patch for FM09 then start on FM2010?

Dunno whether they would even be past alpha testing for 2010 yet? surely they finish the last patch for FM09 then start on FM2010?

From what I can gather from posts FM2010 is still in the planning stages, I don't believe they start it in earnest until the previous cycle is completely done (ie, all patches. Plan -> dev & testing -> release -> patching | next fm -> plan -> dev etc etc)

do you have to sign anything to say you wont reveal anything or is it just a gentlemans agreement. just curious :p

They e-mail you a form which you sign and send back, basically saying that if anything that gets revealed is down to you then you become liable.

They e-mail you a form which you sign and send back, basically saying that if anything that gets revealed is down to you then you become liable.

Im not sure that document means much as it is done online, at least what my mom says; who is a legal secretary though.

Revealing stuff would just be ridiculous and pointless to be fair.

Im not sure that document means much as it is done online, at least what my mom says; who is a legal secretary though.

Revealing stuff would just be ridiculous and pointless to be fair.

I used NDA's for a project few years back and I can confirm as a legally binding agreement it is absolutely pointless - unless you have the time, money and evidence to pursue someone through a trade secret hearing. :D:thup:

All it does is allow you to keep track of who you are working with and under what circumstances. In certain fields it can be imperative such as IT dev. where you could potentially lose millions if stuff is leaked or ripped off; but even then the good stuff usually finds its way to China where they don't give a flying fig about copyright or IP law of any kind to be honest.

I used NDA's for a project few years back and I can confirm as a legally binding agreement it is absolutely pointless - unless you have the time, money and evidence to pursue someone through a trade secret hearing. :D:thup:

All it does is allow you to keep track of who you are working with and under what circumstances. In certain fields it can be imperative such as IT dev. where you could potentially lose millions if stuff is leaked or ripped off; but even then the good stuff usually finds its way to China where they don't give a flying fig about copyright or IP law of any kind to be honest.

The thing is, how can anyone prove that my parents even knew that her signature was pasted onto that document?

The thing is, how can anyone prove that my parents even knew that her signature was pasted onto that document?

You can't, normally it has to be witnessed. ;)

-edit- Scenario: S.I. ask you to test something new that could potentially be a major new feature in the next release, you leak it to their competitor, they find out: they prosecute you, fearing total ruin and/or jail you squeel like a little stuck pig about what you did and who you gave it to and detail names and figures etc. They then go after them big time. That's the value. The problem is of course, its going to be difficult to prove who leaked it. And things always do leak when you have tripple digit exposure and an average age of 20 among your testers, which was why Paul said they stopped public testing in the first place.

Archived