Latest Tranfers

Hi everybody, im new to the game, i have just bought it and a friend advised to get the latest patch (which at the time was 9.1.0) and i have updated that and all works fine.

But a couple of questions:

1 - What about the Premier League Club Logo's? Where are they? Also, the same as the player photo's, again where are these?

1.a I havent checked, but in the last FM game i bought, 2007 version, there were updates for these player and club logo's/photo's. Is this still availble.

2 - I have read the 9.2.0 patch release notes, but dont seem to recall in their anything about the latest transfers.

examples: Ashivn from Zenit St Petersburgh to Arsenal, and David Beckham on loan to Milan etc...

Was just wondering does the newest patch contain ALL the latest transfers.

Sorry, new to the whole game and here..

Thanks

Jamie

I see, so none of the High level Leagues have the "Features", i have to manually install these to get a sense of Realisum of the game.

Also, the JANUARY transfers wont be ready in game untill March time approx?

Good work there lol. My taste for the game has already been lowered.

Maybe Championship Manager 09 is better??

Unfortunately, not a lot can be done about licensing rights, EA hold the market by the balls with most licensing issues these days, Pro Evo suffers from it, as do many other games, FM is just another one that suffers in some areas of the game because of this.

Also, I've not been too fussed about player pictures, or badges, I mean I download them because I can but its not like "oh man, this game feels so empty without that little logo in the corner/down the side" you may well as add to the complaints list they don't use the official premier league match ball as well lol.

Looks like i will be uninstalling FM09, and installing Fifa Manager 09.

lol Childs play, its like buying a racing Game and only being able to race using Fords, as "Honda" said we cant use anything else...

and on the same degree, Playing a Racing car game and every car looks the same! Same Principle here, "Also, I've not been too fussed about player pictures, or badges, I mean I download them because I can but its not like "oh man, this game feels so empty without that little logo in the corner/down the side" you may well as add to the complaints list they don't use the official premier league match ball as well lol."

I see, so none of the High level Leagues have the "Features", i have to manually install these to get a sense of Realisum of the game.

Would you care to note that usually a game is released and not updated at all? How do you expect all transfers worldwide which are researched from people all over the world to be included in a patch just 2 days after the window has closed? Do you expect a separate update for transfers when a new patch is around the corner anyway?

Welcome to the forums. My taste for you has already been lowered.

Fifa 09 manages to do this, ive updated that already just eariler today and it seems most transfers have been completed.

When you say around the corner, you mean 4 weeks away? lol

Anyways, got the answers and met the people...

Enjoy it fans, Thank you for your responces Btw! (they are much appreciated)

Yea, not to mention there is player updates to be done so that there is a more accurate rating of players at clubs, I thought about buying FIFA manager, but the boast of something like a player database with 30,000 players, its like theres probably more staff on my game to choose from than there is players on fifa manager, not a fanboy I was genuinely considering getting fifa manager 09.

There's 30740 'well known' players in my 'region' at the end of the day, at the expense of a few logos a much deeper database and more expansive selection of players etc (ie the part of the game that actually counts) makes EA's attempt look a bit poor.

lol Childs play, its like buying a racing Game and only being able to race using Fords, as "Honda" said we cant use anything else...

Pethtic!

If you want to play a much more less real product in football gaming terms be my guest. It doesn't take long to go along to other wbesites and find the add-on's you wish to add to your game. Sports Interactive database is THE best around. Real football manager use it as some have testified to. Also the licensing issue isn't Sports Interactive's fault either. Logos etc doesn't make the game, It's the realism of about being a football manage that does.

On the issue of January transfers, The window has only just closed. Rather than brining out so many patches, SI are in the midst of testing out the new patch and the new signings will be released at the same time. Now doesn't that makes more sense? A company trying to have correct as much as they can before general release?

But everyone has their own preferences in gaming terms and FUFA Manager 09 is a very poor first choice over Football Manager 2009. A lot of reviews aroud will tell you that.

Good Luck though & Cherio. :D

and on the same degree, Playing a Racing car game and every car looks the same! Same Principle here, "Also, I've not been too fussed about player pictures, or badges, I mean I download them because I can but its not like "oh man, this game feels so empty without that little logo in the corner/down the side" you may well as add to the complaints list they don't use the official premier league match ball as well lol."

The game is realistic in itself. But if the pictures and logos are more important than gameplay for you, you're better off playing Fifa Manager anyway, you'll find lots of pics and badges there. Dont ask me about the gameplay though...

In the last two years, the final patch with the January update has been released on Valentine's Day.

As for badges and player faces, they have no impact whatsoever on gameplay and realism. They're entirely cosmetic and I don't care about them. Sometimes I download logopacks, but I turn all faces off anyway because they just annoy me.

lol Kid? ok, I take it you have played both games have you? So you a deep understanding of both game? 6-6, lmao... You have a great sense of humour buddie, but anyways, what is more real, having updates every 3/4 months for FM09, which has such a deep database, so you can buy some Swedish Central Defender who NO-One has every heard of, and he becomes the best player in the world, or a game which every 2 weeks, updates itself with how well the ACTUAL players in the real world play, and how their form is etc..

Makelele696 (get a proper name) - Im more complaining about the lack for updates for Transfer and how wide spread teh updates are, the Logos and kits etc, are not a major issue, just as i feel, lose a sense of realisum to the game..

So make haste young girl, boy or whatever (havent you got homework to do btw)

Reccster! Woo!

Lack of updates for transfers? What are you talking about? SI always release an official update, and there are plenty of unofficial ones.

Also, please refrain from ad hominum insults. Okay, they were fairly mild, but they're not welcome. Lots of people use the word 'kid' to refer to anyone. You could've easily ignored it.

Admit it,you came here to have a rant ?

Lol, Reccy who decides which players are playing well and which aren't? Everyone has a different opinion, I mean you can look at any given match in the last 2 weeks and there will be huge difference. Not to mention, Fifa manager is done by EA canada, I don't know their research policy etc but I believe SI have a very capable research team being fans not biased sources or people who derive attributes from somewhat flawed statiticians (look in a host of sunday newspapers, you'll see different tallies for various different match stats).

Players attributes are devised by a third party who will almost undoubtedly be just as unbiased as your average TV pundit like paul merson etc. They have little clue about anything outside the top flight and despite their attempted objectivity form nothing more than a pandering love to the top clubs.

lol Kid? ok, I take it you have played both games have you? So you a deep understanding of both game? 6-6, lmao... You have a great sense of humour buddie, but anyways, what is more real, having updates every 3/4 months for FM09, which has such a deep database, so you can buy some Swedish Central Defender who NO-One has every heard of, and he becomes the best player in the world, or a game which every 2 weeks, updates itself with how well the ACTUAL players in the real world play, and how their form is etc..

Makelele696 (get a proper name) - Im more complaining about the lack for updates for Transfer and how wide spread teh updates are, the Logos and kits etc, are not a major issue, just as i feel, lose a sense of realisum to the game..

So make haste young girl, boy or whatever (havent you got homework to do btw)

Reccster! Woo!

If SI's database was so bad, Why as i said earlier do REAL football managers use it?

Sports Interactive player database has predicted many youngsters who have went on to become real class players, Can any other claim this? No.

2 players that spring to mind are Messi & Christiano Ronaldo. Plus tons more....

Konami have even used SI's database. (Pro Evo game)

SI have over 1500 reseachers, One has even become a real scout for a real team. Real players have done some research for SI as have real coaching staff.

Thats realism, Not just sticking out patches will nilly. An yes i ahve played the game, Took it back after 3 weeks becuas eit was SO unrelistic. SI could stick out all sorts of patches week after week, Month after month but really whats the point? Best doing one big update than having lots of smaller updates.

Having players that update given thier real life form? Doesn't that take away the whole experience? The whole point of a MANAGER game is to see how a player progresses under your guidance not under some ratings system in real life.

The best thing about the game is buying a hotly tipped youngster and watching his career blossom and knowing that its because of your training schedules, your decisions that he is palying so well.

If you are one of these people who can't wait for a player to be good im glad you dont have FM because you wouldnt appreciate it even if you did like it..

Having players that update given thier real life form? Doesn't that take away the whole experience? The whole point of a MANAGER game is to see how a player progresses under your guidance not under some ratings system in real life.

The best thing about the game is buying a hotly tipped youngster and watching his career blossom and knowing that its because of your training schedules, your decisions that he is palying so well.

If you are one of these people who can't wait for a player to be good im glad you dont have FM because you wouldnt appreciate it even if you did like it..

Ha! One of the points i forgot to write also. Why would updates on real life form be any good in a MANAGERIAL game? YOUR supposed to be the manager in turn training your team. What would the point in trying out and creating a good tactic & training schedule, Your team dojng well becuas eof this and along comes a update that just wrecks it all. Stupid really.

You really have missed the point of the game, Football Manager.....

Because player pictures really add realism to the game:D And live season is quite frankly awful because yes a players ability really must change after having a good game. I think referring to you as kid after the rubbish you spouted was quite accurate btw.

haha reccy, look you dont seem to have a clue... you want a management game where you dont influence the players ability or form? and i HAVE played previous Fifa Managers and it is ridiculoulsy unrealistic, can you still play your games from Fifa manager on Fifa 09 - o yeah realistic

Archived