minimum release clause?

neither.... a minimum release is a clause put into the contract which prevents you from interfering if a team offers the minimum release amount. The minimum release will usually be well above the players actual value, unless his ability imprves drastically after purchasing him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doug m.:

Fair enough! But does that the player has a good agent, or does it mean selling a player at one third the minimum release value makes me a sucker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a min fee clause is for the plyaer. so the player can say that if a team offers such and such amount then he has the right to discuss terms.

if you want to sell for a third of the min fee then that's up to you.

perhaps you would offer a min fee of 100mill knowing that if someone did bid for that youd happily let him leave but becuase circumstances have changed then 20mill is more than reasonable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

a min fee clause is for the plyaer. so the player can say that if a team offers such and such amount then he has the right to discuss terms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's because of this that I hope SI look at it for the next game.

ATM a player will not sign a contract because you have not offered him adequate appearances bonus, in the same context surely the player should decline a contract if he thinks the min fee clause is unrealistic or may hamper his ability to move in the future.

I've had youth players who were just ok on min fees of £50m plus, surely they would think to themselves "no-one is ever going to pay £50m so if it coems to the day I want out of here and the club aren't willing to sell I should have a more realistic amount in my contract".

i remember in CM when a player became "Unh" if he thought his asking price was unrealistic.

the min fee clause is easily exploited too, i bought sergio ramos for just £27.5M. with the transfer system in this version of fm, thats what they call a "snip".

has anyone had a player buy out his own contract? this exist in fm08 or not?

Archived