New stadium with Bromley

The current stadium has a capacity of 5k, with no expansions allowed.

What does it take to get a new stadium (currently Coca Cola League 1 with about €1.5m cash)?

I've been whining at the board for an expansion but they won't budge, even though the stadium's packed every game.

You try finding a suitable spot in Bromley for a stadium that won cost several million for just the land and then try to get something planning permission when all the residents associations that are full of old grannies with big mouths start complaining. You will need some pretty serious money to get anything done in this borough.

You try finding a suitable spot in Bromley for a stadium that won cost several million for just the land and then try to get something planning permission when all the residents associations that are full of old grannies with big mouths start complaining. You will need some pretty serious money to get anything done in this borough.

Although Hayes Lane irl has loads of free space around it. Should have a much higher expansion capacity than 5k to start with. Building anything in this area is quite hard, especially due to the green belt, but i doubt this is factored into the game.

It's really a matter of luck whether you get a new stadium in FM, even if you meet all the criteria such as money and attendance. You may get a new stadium next season, or not for another 10 years, there are no guarantees.

yh these things can take time, I'm with FC Utd and been with them for 15 seasons just won the premership this year for the 1st time and the board decided to build me a new stadium named after me :D but yh you certainly need a hell of a lot of money and to be filling your stadium out every game but even this sometimes isnt enough been in the prem for 4 seasons and been selling out gigg lane since i was in the championship so the stadium did just come out of the blue lol :)

Although Hayes Lane irl has loads of free space around it. Should have a much higher expansion capacity than 5k to start with.

Course it shouldn't. Bromley would never be allowed to get anywhere near 5k due to the poor access to the Nest. Being set so far back from any road is a major problem, made even worse by the very limited parking at the ground, and the total lack of parking on the road. It used to get congested enough when we were getting just 200 odd through the gates... if we ever became popular the ground would rapidly become a health and safety nightmare. Bromley would never be granted a safety certificate for that sort of capacity, even if the council would grant planning permission (and as we both know that would never happen... the local infrastructure can barely cope as it is).

The Nest is already able accommodate more people than the safety certificate allows. That is the real cap on Bromley's capacity, and one that is pretty insurmountable.

The current stadium has a capacity of 5k, with no expansions allowed.

What does it take to get a new stadium (currently Coca Cola League 1 with about €1.5m cash)?

I've been whining at the board for an expansion but they won't budge, even though the stadium's packed every game.

If/when you get to the prem you will have an expansion to get the stadium up to 12,500 seats.

Course it shouldn't. Bromley would never be allowed to get anywhere near 5k due to the poor access to the Nest. Being set so far back from any road is a major problem, made even worse by the very limited parking at the ground, and the total lack of parking on the road. It used to get congested enough when we were getting just 200 odd through the gates... if we ever became popular the ground would rapidly become a health and safety nightmare. Bromley would never be granted a safety certificate for that sort of capacity, even if the council would grant planning permission (and as we both know that would never happen... the local infrastructure can barely cope as it is).

The Nest is already able accommodate more people than the safety certificate allows. That is the real cap on Bromley's capacity, and one that is pretty insurmountable.

Obviously any stadium expansion will look into improving access and parking. The fact the stadium is set back from the road is a potential blessing not a problem. Just because the current system is flawed it doesn't mean the potential isn't there for major expansion given high enough levels of on-field succes and money to throw about.

The capacity could easily go higher, it used to hold 12,000 and it wouldn't take that much to go up a lot. Given the ground will be sponsored by the council next season and the leader of the council goes to every game, I reckon we could get planning permission as well ;)

The capacity could easily go higher, it used to hold 12,000 and it wouldn't take that much to go up a lot. Given the ground will be sponsored by the council next season and the leader of the council goes to every game, I reckon we could get planning permission as well ;)

If the club ever got big enough to expand to 12000 they'd probably buy out the health club next door giving them loads of room for extra parking.

You are the kind of person who didn't roll their eyes when Macca said he could get us in the Conference in three years aren't you? :) I do love the hopeless optimist.

Our capacity is already capped by safety considerations, and that is primarily related to the limited access for emergency services. There is very little we can do about that.

You are the kind of person who didn't roll their eyes when Macca said he could get us in the Conference in three years aren't you? :) I do love the hopeless optimist.

Our capacity is already capped by safety considerations, and that is primarily related to the limited access for emergency services. There is very little we can do about that.

C'mon you can't seriously believe that no matter how successful/rich Bromley get that they could never sort this out. Wouldn't exactly be difficult if this was the only thing holding back the club.

C'mon you can't seriously believe that no matter how successful/rich Bromley get that they could never sort this out. Wouldn't exactly be difficult if this was the only thing holding back the club.

Some things can't be solved simply by throwing money around. By way of a case in point from either end of the spectrum it is why Arsenal had to leave Highbury, and why Cray are in exile as our tenants. Cray had the money (or at least could have got the required grant from the football foundation) to bring Oxford Road up to the required standards, but they were unable to secure the required permission.

Yeah you are right, as I had one with Redditch on 08 when I got to the Prem.

ON CM01/02, it always used to be 10,000 to be in the Prem

The real life rule is a 15,000 minimum all seated stadium for the English Premier League.

There is also a minimum 4000 capacity with at least 1000 seats to get promotion into the Football League.

SI really need to put this back, I last remember seeing it when I won the Conference with Northwich on 01/02 but was prevented from being promotion for the ground not being up to the then minimum of 6000 capacity and 600 seats.

I got a new stadium with AFC Wimbledon, I didn't have loads of money, about £20mil. It cost £17mil to build an 18000 seater.

How did you manage to get all that money from, and what league and season ?

The real life rule is a 15,000 minimum all seated stadium for the English Premier League.

There is also a minimum 4000 capacity with at least 1000 seats to get promotion into the Football League.

SI really need to put this back, I last remember seeing it when I won the Conference with Northwich on 01/02 but was prevented from being promotion for the ground not being up to the then minimum of 6000 capacity and 600 seats.

I cant find the website now, but when I was rising through the leagues with Solihull Moors FC, I found a site that listed all these rules(not fa site).

There it stated that clubs would be allowed to play for two years(in Championship, if not ever been in that league before) in at the present ground, then they had to turn it in to an all seater(Championship).

The board at Solihull didnt do anything with the stadium until the end of the first season, when they started to build a new all-seater.

So yes you are right about the rules, but there are some exceptions to it - just cant find them now:(

And economically? Our stadium was built with a loan; £18M for an 14 000 all seater.. The loan is due in may 2034 - only two months left:cool:

Im in 2021 with Barnet and im challening for the premiership tittle. My stadium Capacity is 12k and the board wont expand. Surely this capacity doesnt meet premiership regelations??

not sure mate but I remember that southampton's old ground the dell had about 12k capacity if I remember correctly

Some things can't be solved simply by throwing money around. By way of a case in point from either end of the spectrum it is why Arsenal had to leave Highbury, and why Cray are in exile as our tenants. Cray had the money (or at least could have got the required grant from the football foundation) to bring Oxford Road up to the required standards, but they were unable to secure the required permission.

Fair enough i can see the problems these teams face at the moment. But if we are using the OP as a hypothetical example (i.e. playing in L1 with £1m in the bank) then i think its fair to assume improving access to emergency services would not be that difficult. All they would have to do is buy some surrounding land and whack down a nice new wide road across those lovely fields.

Archived