% Transfer Revenue Available

Is there any way of being able to influence the % of transfer revenue you are able to spend?

I was playing as Everton and going into the 3rd season given a transfer kitty of £30m and stated that 100% of revenue will be kept, whereas for the rpevious years it was initially 60% and then 75%. I put this improvement down to tight control of wages I had and ground capacity increase that took place during the second season.

Thinking great I have £30m and a ptotential £20m deadwood or ageing assets set about selling my players to find that my transfer revenue %available had dropped to just 25% so ended up selling 5 players for what totalled £24m and getting less than £10m added to my kitty!

I had to readjust my budget several times according to my dealings in the market but despite being £85k p/week under my overall budget by board would only sanction a wage of upto £34,000 p/week for a player I tried to bring in on loan but the club insisted on 100% wages benig paid which was £55,000.

Bit confused how all this works!?

It is tied to the overall security of the club, financially. What were your bottom lines in these scenarios?

Generally, if the club has lots of cash then you'll start to see 100% transfer funds available. If it looks tight this number comes down. In effect this leaves you, the manager, as something of a middle manager financially, with the bigwigs running the club looking out for the long term prospects.

So, ironically, if you sell off that deadwood your percentage should then increase. If you'd rather wait you'll have to find other ways of increasing the bottom line.

Yeah, it can be a bit tricky. I have sometimes tried to sell off some cheaper players before my more expensive ones that I intend to sell in the hop ethat selling a few players for £2 million will put enough cash in the bank to persuade the board to bump up the percentage transfer funds available for me to spend before I sell another player for £20 million.

The entire amount of money goes onto your bank balance though (unless it is a 24 month or whatever deal in which case it takes time) and that often causes an increase in your wage budget which you can then transfer into transfer funds. A bit messy, but I used it quite effectively at Fiorentina in FM08 to squeeze as much transfer funds as I could out of the January transfer window. In that case it was a bit buggy though because I had actually committed to spending £16 million of my bank balance in the summer, but because the money arrived in the bank in January (when I sold a player to finance that summer move) the board bumped up my wage budget by a significant amount, which I then transferred into my transfer kitty to cover the £16 million that had been taken off my transfer kitty, but not my bank balance.

Confused? Good, that was the idea :p

Archived