uhm....WTF!!!???

The Greek football league structure could take into account head-to-head records before goal difference in determining ranking if the points accumulated are the same.

What were the results of the two games between your team and Olympiacos?

Ahhhh, the old fashioned way of goal difference. I think the head to head ruling is much fairer and is effectively like having a play-off.

Didnt the CCC used to seperate you by goals scored? That seems a bit harsh, although I suppose it was to encourage more goals, therefore more excitment, therefore more spectators and viewers. Crafty buggers!

A lot of leagues use head to head over goal difference now. Spain definitely do.

Not sure I'd like it in the EPL, although it might mean an end to the "Big Four" snoozefests on Sky Sports that they try to big-up. Going into the break before the Liverpool vs Chelsea match on Sunday the commentator said "They've met 21 times since the start of the Premier League... and it's never dull." I thought, "actually, it's USUALLY dull."

Unlike on FM where the big team games tend to pan out to 4-0 or 4-3 or some such. Man U are currently unbeatable on my 9.2 save.

I totally disagree with the suggestion that head-to-head is fairer. Head-to-head effectively separates teams based on two matches in a whole season. Goal difference separates teams based on performance throughout the season against all teams in that division. To me, that seems far fairer.

I totally disagree with the suggestion that head-to-head is fairer. Head-to-head effectively separates teams based on two matches in a whole season. Goal difference separates teams based on performance throughout the season against all teams in that division. To me, that seems far fairer.

Their performance throughout the season is reflected in the points they have gained - I like head-to-head personally.

I would prefer head to head in a league where there are two, three or four vastly superior teams. Where there is a notable difference in quality it is fairer in my opinnion to separate the top teams by head to heads. It would work in a league like Scotlands. Even the EPL is becoming predictable, but it's never an issue I suppose because no one finishes on the same points.

I disagree. Points a reflection on how you do against all the team in the division. Head to head is the only true reflection on who is the better side when teams are level on points. Surely a very defensive side who often only wins by a goal shouldn't be punished for that, it might not be entertaining, but it's results that count.

Archived