Hard Tackling = Lots of injuries?

I think this is common sense but want to see if others have seen this and maybe it explains some people still complaining of lots of injuries.

I never played anything but regular mixed tackling for my first 4 years and never had any injuries. This year I have my forwards and midfielders set to close down aggressively and all of them hard tackling....and I am getting tons of injuries. Half my team is out right now. Is it coincidence or are injuries directly related to the hard tackling setting?

Hard Tacking = Yellow/Red Cards if the player has poor tackling. My two CB's will always come away with a booking if i ask them to do hard tacking at Rusdhen. Not worth it unless the player you're marking is particularly strong or is ripping your defence apart.

I set my entire team's tackling to 'Hard', with the exception of the two central defenders whose tackling are set at 'Normal'.

Over the course of three seasons played so far, I have yet to notice a worrying frequency of injuries sustained by my team.

But it might, and indeed should, play a part in the picking up of injuries. Setting tackling to 'Hard' means that you want your players to always go in for 50-50 balls, and whenever there is contact with another player, there is bound to be a risk of picking up a knock.

maybe they should just rename it from tackling to "random chance of injury" slider.

i do find it weird that hard tackling seems to make your players more injury prone, people will argue that its because they go in for 50-50's or slides but i've always noticed that my player has the ball/is getting slid in on to be dispossessed, basically is on the receiving end when picking up the injury so for me, that argument isnt valid.

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE - most people are injured in the tackle area so if you go in for more tackles and go in more aggressively you are more likely to injur the opposition and yourself. That is why come world cup seasons at the end of the season noone wants to tackle because they dont want to get injured

Archived