This game is sooooo unrealistic!!

Allright, I admit it: I am frustrated, even though this is just a game.

When I play one of the big teams in English PL I have no problems whatsoever to have success; its actually ridicolously easy.

BUT:

When I choose a Lower League Team, it is nearly impossible to save my @$$ in the league!

Isn't this quite weird, considering this to be a 'Football Manager Simulator' ??

So if I want to have success I just set me to have no whatsoever previous experience (automatic), then I choose Chelsea or Man U, and I even set myself to come from ONLY Norway. This will make the me the way to the top... As a 'noone' from Norway. How lame isnt that... & frustrating.

Thought this is common sense....but anyone could send 11 Man U players out and without a word of coaching they could beat almost every team in England.

Lower league teams need coaching because their players do not have superior abilities compared to their opponents.

Thought this is common sense....but anyone could send 11 Man U players out and without a word of coaching they could beat almost every team in England.

Lower league teams need coaching because their players do not have superior abilities compared to their opponents.

"Common sense" ??

You really dont understand what I said, or maybe you dont even WANT to understand what I said...

I cant believe you say that I, as in ME as person, would win the EPL with Man U... :rolleyes:

"Common sense" ??

You really dont understand what I said, or maybe you dont even WANT to understand what I said...

I cant believe you say that I, as in ME as person, would win the EPL with Man U... :rolleyes:

You've lost even me here buddy.... He's saying its not unrealistic that you can win it easily with Prem players because they're much better than those in the lower leagues and thus could win a match with a nobody in charge. He's agreeing with you, even if he is saying it in a somewhat sarcastic way. And he's right...

You're now saying he's misunderstood you... And its not impossible to get low league clubs to success... unless you're tactically unable to read the game and make decisions which could bite you in the ass 10 mins later.

yeah your right I didn't understand....and I still don't understand. Are you saying it should be impossible to win unless Raf himself or someone like actually logged on a played?????

If you take a noone, with NO previous football experience (automatic, which is the lowest pre experience to start with), the chances are ZERO.

You really think that the girly looking Cristiano Ronaldo would listen to a complete unknown hobo?? Ofc not, Think twice. Whole Manu U would be torn apart if they ever assigned a complete unknown as manager.

Now, you can tell me this then: Do you REALLY believe that a complete unknown would fulfill Man U's ambitions?? Or any of the other 'big 3' for that sake? Hell, I would go even further and say that a complete unknown hobo wouldnt even make it with ANY team in the EPL!

You've lost even me here buddy.... He's saying its not unrealistic that you can win it easily with Prem players because they're much better than those in the lower leagues and thus could win a match with a nobody in charge. He's agreeing with you, even if he is saying it in a somewhat sarcastic way. And he's right...

You're now saying he's misunderstood you... And its not impossible to get low league clubs to success... unless you're tactically unable to read the game and make decisions which could bite you in the ass 10 mins later.

So you mean its realistic that this game makes it SO easy to win the EPL with Man U, and close to impossible to survive in the Lowest League in Norway as a complete unknown?

Unrealistic because it's easier to win with Man United and Chelsea than it is with Derby?

Weird? I'd send your game back, sounds errored to hell :p

Hey try a different example, I've kicked the World arse with the mighty Rams!

Why not try Stoke with their ugliest of the ugliest football, who we by the way have beat this season, along with Man U!

as expected many fm experts have replied. Iam not saying that iam an expert but i know as much that this game bugs often prevent you from winning the game and making AI score easier. Just look at the scoring bug and defender bug, Maybe he put it in the wrong way but this game is unrealistic. But if you have anything to say to that just click the links:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=88143

and that other link where some guy has man city with ronaldo,ibra,robinho and some other great players and he is superior in every game but he cant win. Dont tell mi that you cant make a tactic to win with that kind of team. Iam playing cm and fm for a long time and every time i had a godlike team i won with almost every tactic a put.

Interesting reading in that link.

My guess is that SI Games chose this way out of pure economical interests;

They satisfy the fanbois, who think they are on par Sir Alex & his collegues, and thus will not & can not play anything but the super teams. Then we have the 'real life' in the other end to satisfy the "masochistic ones", who really enjoys it 'die hard' by playing it from the start as in Lower League Management.

The game is 'real' (or "more" real) in the Lower League Managament areas, but totally urealistic in the upper areas of the leagues.

Just face it all of you: NONE of you would make it to the top with ANY of the EPL teams in Real Life... Neither would I, even though I find it boringly dead easy to do so in this game... ;)

Maybe it's just not possible to implement a successful tactic that works with a world class team for a weaker team.

I play Eastleigh in the BSS and play an amazing 5-1-4 sweeper tactic using long balls to bridge the midfield. That obviously works for my team (ok, it's only the first season).

Try a tactic like this for ManU, and I promise you, they'll be off the premier league in the first season.

In response to the OP; 'Automatic' isnt' the lowest available option for experience. In fact, if you put yourself in as manager of a big team in the Premiership, it will be similar to picking 'former international'. It gives you enough experience to justify the board of whatever club you pick hiring you. The lowest option for experience is, I believe, 'Sunday league footballer'. Try using this and managing a big team, and you will run into a lot more problems in terms of gaining the respect of your players.

If you take a noone, with NO previous football experience (automatic, which is the lowest pre experience to start with)...

I thought Automatic would match your reputation with that of the club you take over at the start of the game, and that Sunday League Footballer was the lowest reputation possible in all suituations :confused:

This is possibly the most ridiculous thread I've seen for a while.

So firstly you're saying that it should not be possible for someone playing the game to have success with a top team? In who's world would that be any fun?

You seem to have confused the game with reality. Why not only be allowed to play one match a week as well? It's a game, and as such should not be 100% realistic as that would be stupid. If realism ever takes away from the fun of the game then the realism's gone too far.

And as for your second point about you not being able to win in the lower leagues, then that's completely down to your own inability to play the game, a lack of ability which is masked by good players when you play as a top team.

The fact that plenty of people have managed to have success in the lower leagues blows your theory out of the water. Just have a look at some of the threads in the challenges forum if you don't believe me.

This is possibly the most ridiculous thread I've seen for a while.

So firstly you're saying that it should not be possible for someone playing the game to have success with a top team? In who's world would that be any fun?

You seem to have confused the game with reality. Why not only be allowed to play one match a week as well? It's a game, and as such should not be 100% realistic as that would be stupid. If realism ever takes away from the fun of the game then the realism's gone too far.

And as for your second point about you not being able to win in the lower leagues, then that's completely down to your own inability to play the game, a lack of ability which is masked by good players when you play as a top team.

The fact that plenty of people have managed to have success in the lower leagues blows your theory out of the water. Just have a look at some of the threads in the challenges forum if you don't believe me.

Absolutely spot on!! Took the words right out of mouth. Or the type from my page.....:)

Couple of points to make here - firstly about real life: it would NOT be possible for a nobody 14 year old (or even 33 year old) to have huge success with Man U or Chelski or the unlimited budget of Man City. We've all seen even the great Wenger and Fergie struggle at times. Look at Man U at the beginning of this season compared to now. Would *I* have been able to turn it around? I doubt it. With me in charge, with that start to the season, the Man U fans would have been begging the board to give Harry Rednapp a call.

POSSIBLY, MAYBE, with a one-off charity match or something, a kid or adult with virtually no experience would manage Man U to victory over, say, Hull; but a real life serious business decision? No. Tactics, motivating, man management are as important as if you are playing Torqay in the FA cup as playing against Real Madrid in the Champions League.

Secondly, the OP is correct - in part - about FM. It IS easy as Man U, Chelsea etc, especially once you have tinkered a bit and played a few games. 1) you know a bit more about the game and how tactics work and b) you know the best/bargain players. In my experience (with Man City) it gets much harder in the second season, and harder still season 3.

However, the idea that you cannot have ANY success as a smaller team is silly. It's harder work, you have to tinker with your tactics more (how many FMers have let a 2-0 lead slip to a 3-2 defeat thanks to the wrong half-time reshuffle?) and you have to be patient. There are plenty of people who have won the CL with Ipswich and Derby and - probably - Torquay. But to expect to march Leeds United into the Prem and then the CL in four consecutive seasons is not realistic - not without cheating or getting advice from the Tactics forum/Good Player guide. And if you can then THIS is unrealistic.

Above all, FM is a computer game that tries to simulate real life. It will never, ever do this 100% perfectly, no matter the improvements in technology or the size of the programmer's brain. To expect this will only lead to disappointment and frustration.

If you take a noone, with NO previous football experience (automatic, which is the lowest pre experience to start with), the chances are ZERO.

You really think that the girly looking Cristiano Ronaldo would listen to a complete unknown hobo?? Ofc not, Think twice. Whole Manu U would be torn apart if they ever assigned a complete unknown as manager.

Now, you can tell me this then: Do you REALLY believe that a complete unknown would fulfill Man U's ambitions?? Or any of the other 'big 3' for that sake? Hell, I would go even further and say that a complete unknown hobo wouldnt even make it with ANY team in the EPL!

If you are talking about the game being unrealistic because you can play it and you have no football experience then I'm confused because noone here has any experience managing a top club, because this isn't real, it's a game.

If you are talking about a complete unknown, as in, a footballer that hasn't achieved anything going on to manage a top club being unrealistic, then I could name a bagfull of real life managers that never achieved anything as a player, yet still became quite successful managers....Arsene Wenger for one. Sven Goran Eriksson was a nobody before achieving in the Swedish top division and then moving to Benfica....

The biggest example is Joes Mourinho. Never achieved anything in his playing career.

However, if you're just the ramblings of a mad man trying to debate the realisms of a computer game then please forget this, forget everything!

To all you FM fanbois, who I clearly hurt your feelings or questioned your personal view upon FM, which makes you feel "skilled": it was not intentionally.

FM is about a game being a 'simulator', thus they try to make it realistic in some way or another. If I did not want a manager simulator, I could rather play FIFA on a PS3. As it is today ingame, game is build up so that the teams actually doesnt need any manager. They could rather pick the janitor, and set him out on the field.

The game is NOT realistic when it comes to me being able to be successful with a top team like Man U or whatsoever team in the EPL, but way harder when it comes to manage a lower league team. I find it strange that the managers in the lower leagues are more skilled against me, than in the upper leagues.

And for those who think I am "only" playing a top team, you are all wrong. The game is way too easy with whatsoever professional team to play in the EPL. My 'favourite' team used to be Macclesfield. But I grew bored of it when I had directly promotion to Championship, and then the first season challenged it for promotion to EPL. This was achieved with even a flat 442, which is undoubtly "known" as the formation that need the best players to have any chance of success. I knew my LLM team would be hard, so that campaign was started with a 451 formation. Oh, let me add, I already "know" what went wrong in that LLM campaign. Will not happen in my next campaign.

@Jase1982:

Please, stop mixing real life with virtual life. There are actually SETTINGS ingame to give you "former" experience; like previous international player, or the automatic which is NO prior experience. You will not at all be "increased" in experience just by choosing a club. If you chose "automatic" you have no experience, whether you start as Man U or Macclesfield, or as in my case, Bossekop. One question to you though: Do you even know Mourinho's CV? What he did before Porto & Chelsea? Well, I dont know the full story, but the few things I read about him shows to me that he had ALOT more than "nothing" in the baggage before he took over even Porto...

So, if noone can or would not delibarately understand me, when I say, that I can only think of one setting to handle the top teams in the world: Former International Football player, then I will not even bother explaining it.

I feel most of you are attacking me personal (geee, what a surprise, kiddy fanbois who flames), so I am out of here. Well, whatever. I stated my point of view, and it will not change: Game is too easy in the top (to please the fanbois), and too hard in the bottom (to please the non elite players).

This game fails to simulate realism, but succede to please customers who are interested in a game to play for fun.

What I dont understand here, is that all of you agree with me that FM isnt realistic, but still you flame me for stating it... I was grumpy before I wrote this, but most of you really amuses me, so now I have this happy :) on my face, which I thank you for.

Heres a little advice to you: Maybe you should take a look outside the door, and check if the world is still there...? There is actually a life beside FM...

A nice day to all of you. I love you too.

i think what the forign fella is trying to say is that how can a manager with no previos experiance win the league with a reputal club sucj as Man Utd?

he has a point to a certain degree, when you take Utd as an unkown manager you may not get the bets out of your players, as your reputation grows you will notice results improve..

Maybe the realism you're wanting is impossible to provide. After all, how many successful managers have managed from their PC???

If you really want realism, why not get yourself some coaching badges, and try manage a pub team and work your way up.

I can't believe someone could criticise a game for being unrealistic, because he can make himself the manager of any team he wants.

Why did you buy the game? Did you think that it would magically make you an actual football manager? You've said so yourself that it is a SIMULATOR.

Maybe they need to put on the box 'this game will not actually make you a real life football manager'.

Please, stop mixing real life with virtual life. There are actually SETTINGS ingame to give you "former" experience; like previous international player, or the automatic which is NO prior experience. You will not at all be "increased" in experience just by choosing a club. If you chose "automatic" you have no experience, whether you start as Man U or Macclesfield, or as in my case, Bossekop. One question to you though: Do you even know Mourinho's CV? What he did before Porto & Chelsea? Well, I dont know the full story, but the few things I read about him shows to me that he had ALOT more than "nothing" in the baggage before he took over even Porto...

Er, yes I do, otherwise I wouldn't have posted. Mourinho gave up playing early because he couldn't cut it, became a translator at Barcelona under Bobby Robson's tutalage, moved on to Benfica and from there on things went from strength to strength.

My question to you was, what do you mean by 'unrealistic for you to be able to manage a top club'....I'm not confused, you haven't stated an argument in support of your case.

It's harder with Macclesfield because they're lower league. less reputation, lower funds, etc. I don't understand why it should be harder with Manchester United or any other top club....they're the top clubs.....

point is, i would like to bet that even if some lower league manager IRL took over man utd this season i bet they would still beat most teams and you wouldnt see a major drop in their form or the way they play (if any). That is because these players just know what to do a lot better than others, they have the skills, and the no how compared to BSP teams who have little to no tactical nouse.

Archived