Anyone had a new stadium built?

I'm going into the 2018/19 season with Luton, we just finished 5th in Prem with a 12,500 seater stadium. The council won't let us build anymore, I was just wondering how much money we need to get a new one, because otherwise, we just can't make money at the level we need to compete.

You have to consistently fill your stadium for a few years and have a good amount of money in the bank and then you should get a new one built. I got one for Pompey, from Fratton Park (20500 capacity) to Portsmouth Stadium (26000 capacity), barely worth it :thdn:

I had a 9000 all seater stadium built after selling out all season tickets three seasons in a row, and it costs £10m. They increased the capacity the following season by another 3000, which cost £3m. This was Sweden, so I assume it may cost more in England.

im Reading, won 5 times outta the last 7 premierships and 6 outta the last 9 CL's in a 36k stadium i fill every week for the last ... long long time (yeah i know its reasonable size but still i want a new one :p) have 250m in the bank and keep asking the club to expand but they say they cant cause of the council, i guess eventually ill get one.. lol

I've been selling out my 60,000 seater with stoke for 5 years now and the board just won't give me a new one, admittedly its a pretty big stadium, but surely they should consider expanding, I tend to be quite obsessive with keeping my wage expenditure beneath my gate receipts, and this ground only supports a 650k a week budget at best lol.

Archived