The "amc bug"

I have heard a few people call the consistently poor rating of AMC's a bug, but what i was wondering is, is it that its just showing up as a poor rating but the player is actually doing well, or is it just that the game doesn't let an AMC play well?

If its the latter, is it better just to find a formation that doesn't have an AMC in it?

I need a quick answer as im currently in a transfer window and have targets such as Diego and Cahill who would not be worth signing unless i can play an AMC.

Cheers

I play with Amc and i haven´t noticed anything about him getting low rating on the contrary (sp?) he was on top for average rating after the season in the spanish league with 7,4 avr. I play the 442 diamond goals galore tactic found at the tactics forum.

At first, I generally found using an AMC, that his rating is very low (i.e.- 5.8-6.3) unless he scores or assists. It did not seem to matter who the player was. And by looking at player stats in game, he was playing no worse or better than the rest of the team, who were probably averaging around 6.8/6.9 or better.

But after a little experimenting, I managed to find some settings which seem to work. But if I alter those settings slightly, it goes back to before. It suggests to me a minor bug, mainly because there seems to be only one set of player settings that work for an AMC. Any deviation from that and their rating drops very markedly.

I play a 4-3-1-2 most of the time. My AMC rating is normally bad but it differs from game to game. Normally at half time he is sitting on a 5.8, even though he has performed well and should be around the 7.0 mark. When he scores it will normally go up to a 7.2 but still its dissapointing that AMCs get such bad ratings half the time.

This is using Mathias Fernadez, Arshavin, Diego, Danny, Alex, Deco, Ben Arfa and Adu so far.

OH! I was wondering what was going on. My AMC is really good. All his passes seem to get where they should, he's winning balls and taking it past people with aplomb (always wanted to use that word) but getting 5.6 or something each game. I've been bollocking the poor lad for nothing.

yeah it is official they have said it is a known issue. It affects central midfielders as well i believe.

Yeah, not as much as the AMC position though. I just hope they can get a balance and get the ratings perfect. If they fix it in this patch then it could make other positions out or something. Either way will be good once its fixed.

They have fixed the 'AMC bug' for the next patch.

of course it is not a lottery on which position gets hit next, we've had DMC, ST, MCa/AMC --whats next.....

Yeah, not as much as the AMC position though. I just hope they can get a balance and get the ratings perfect. If they fix it in this patch then it could make other positions out or something. Either way will be good once its fixed.

you'd think with all this time between when it was reported to whenever the 930 patch is released it will be fixed, but tbh, im not hopeful at all as some other position is going to suffer.

Archived