Braintree Town

Check the clubs in BSS to see if they are more southern than sarff essex - I'd say it's very unlikely.

Are you patched? Was it FM08 or FM09 unpatched that had problems with the geography of the BS regions? Possibly patching up to date is what is required.

I'm playing the FM09 Patched version. I dont mind too much, because im currently top of the table.. Was just a bit odd thats all.

It's one of the complicated things about the BSN/BSS. When teams are relegated from the BSP and also promoted up to BSN/BSS, a bit of geographical rejigging is required, which causes some teams to move between BSN and BSS. However, I'm surprised Braintree Town were required to move.

Because there could be 22 other clubs further south than that. It would be interesting to see the list of clubs in the BSS now (in the OP game) so we could see if it was a bug or not though.

The original poster is starting his second season. I can guarantee they are not the Northern most club in the division.

It would be interesting to see the league table to see if this is a mistake, or you could check the editor. I have a feeling the editor contains geographical information which might be able to tell us if they are the northernmost club or if there is a data error.

The original poster is starting his second season. I can guarantee they are not the Northern most club in the division.

I don't know how. This season bar Worcester there isn't anyone further North than Braintree so it is far from impossible. While in reality Newport would be moved before them for practical reasons (and there would also be a case for moving the likes of Bath before splitting the London region, moving the Western pocket into the North and bringing Kings Lynn into the South) clearly the game won't take the national infrastructure into account and will shift based on the latitude alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit off topic but has anyone ever taken Braintree 'all the way' in FM09? I did in Fm08 and doing it now with 09, Back to back promotions into the Championship and then one season there and into the Prem. Was so hard staying up but managed it, and now in a strong position to challenge for a EUFA place. The staduim, as always, is the issue. I had a new 12,000 seater being built while I was in the championship, but it was delayed and I spent the first 2-3 months in the Prem with a 4000 capacity (250 seater!) staduim! Now its up to 20,000 so revenue it brings in is just enough to cover the wages.

Its been a real slog but worth it. So much easier now I'm in the Prem and have some half decent players, trying to keep it as English as possible though.

Anyone taken them further? In FM08 believe it or not I won 7 back to back Prem titles, some CL wins too. But I was always limited by the staduim, I think it never grew past 45,000. Wonder how big I can get this one in this game.

Got them promoted to BSP and then relegated back to BSS.

Currently mid table 4th season and only an outside chance of reaching the playoffs so underachieving really.

Although I am using LLM rules for the most part accept for the odd bit of tactical advice which as a newcomer to the series I needed.

I am finding things quite challenging and doubt I will ever reach the heights of the EPL but despite my mediocrity I am enjoying it.

I'm now in my 10th season (2018) wth braintree. I'm currently in the Championship, my second year there sitting 5 points clear at the top of the table. The Stadium thing is killing me too. got 500 seats added to it but i need more, not that money is problem cause i have a tycoon owner who puts in 3 mil every month to help pay for my 500k wage budget and other thigns at the club. Been soo much easier being able to buy players instead of signings on free.

I've been sticking to LLM rules too but all the players taht do want to come really aren't that good.

Whats LLM rules sorry? Obv stands for 'lower league manager' - is that where you don't take any advice/help, especially pre-set tactics?

It is possible to get Braintree to the Prem, you just have to be very hot on everything, scouting, expenditure, cup runs for revenue, player dealing etc.

Suprised they haven't built you a new staduim yet though.

I'm now in my 10th season (2018) wth braintree. I'm currently in the Championship, my second year there sitting 5 points clear at the top of the table. The Stadium thing is killing me too. got 500 seats added to it but i need more, not that money is problem cause i have a tycoon owner who puts in 3 mil every month to help pay for my 500k wage budget and other thigns at the club. Been soo much easier being able to buy players instead of signings on free.

I've been sticking to LLM rules too but all the players taht do want to come really aren't that good.

Im in the championship with a wage budget a tenth of that, damm tycoon owners

I left towards the end of my third season with them, got promoted in the first season, finishing 1st, then didnt really progress, I left for Grimsby who were about to be relegated.

First game of the next season was against...Braintree, beat them 3-0 away, beat them 2-0 at home but lost to them 4-0 in the FA Trophy, shoudlnt have put out a weaker team hehe

I always keep an eye out for them, currently they're just above the relegation zone with a few games to go.

Archived