Time it takes for tactic to change.

This is something i feel that defently needs to be looked at for fm 09. Like many people say with this game you have to adapt to the AI in order to secure the game. However in the last game I was winning 2-0 and see the ai change its tactics to a more attacking formation. I then go to make the change to my tactics and then click confirm. Before the changes are implemented the AI score making it 2-1. Then instantly they score again making it 2-2. After this it finally makes my changes way to late.

Now ok i can see how maybe the tactics couldn't have been changed before the first goal as the team can only change really when play has stopped or when in no danger but how about the second???? Play had obviously been stopped lol as game had to restart from centre. Its a bit frustrating and annoying as there was nothing I could do about it.

Plus, some simple tactical changes shouldnt require any time to implement at all. The players would understand them instinctively. When the AI goes to 424 the players really dont need the coach to tell them to pull back with the lead. Or to waste time. SI is getting too cute here.

I pause the game, it gives me time to make a change, think about it and decide. I too had this problem but its easily solved. I prefered previous FM games where going to the tactic menu paused the game.

I pause the game as well, but the changes don't necessarily take effect as soon as you hit play again. On most occasions they will, but there are the odd times it takes a while. I understand it's realistic to wait for subs etc, but 10 mins is just ridiculous.

This is something I would like to see changed too. The amount of times I score late on in a match only for the opposition to leg down to the end before my "long ball, deep, time wasting" tactic kicks in. I prefered the old CM way of doing it so that you waited for the ball to go out of play before entering the tactics screen. I would maybe like to see an option where you set out instructions before hand so say you made a change to your tactics to go more attacking you could have an option "after scoring revert to -" then have a predetermined tactic to switch to.

Glad im not the only one that has found this. The max I remember it took for one of my tactics to change was around 15 minutes which is a farce really. Its not really something the player has any control over and in my example above I was sort of stuck due to the fact that as soon as the changes finally took place I had to go alter them again and this took a further few minutes for it to implement which in the end resulted as a draw. Maybe they should consider going back to the old way at least untill they have a solution to this problem as in the end I didnt have any problems with the old way.

Also with the point about the new way being more realistic to make changes while the game is playing well when managing in real life you dont have to spend 2-3 minutes messing about with sliders and formations to try and create the same effect as manager shouting a few instructions in 10 seconds in real life.

Archived