I wanna love it, i really do

Okay, please read all of what i have to say first before making a comment.

FM2009 Quite possible the biggest and best game in the FM/CM series to date.

I've been there from the start i have CM92/93 on my Atari 520ST, where it took an hour to load every new season! man that was hard work waiting around for it...but it was worth it, coz i loved the game sooooo much

Now fast forward to FM2009. I have it, and couldn't wait to play it, and never before i have been so dissappointed!

I was very annoyed with the sign up process, i can fully understand why the might have to go down this route, but it was so bloodly annoying, might as well have given my NI and driving licence number, But I got through it and over due to there being so very good advice on this site.

So i finally get to play my beloved FM, and feel so let down.

I dont like the new lay out and find the small writing annoying (if there is a way to change it please advise)

I dont feel able to interract with the game, how can i explain that better...FM2008 was my fav of the all i felt ever invloved with the game, with 09 i fill removed from it?!

Im totally unable to find a tactic to work, i've tried a few now and none seem able to produce a win, i've started, which must be coming up to 7 different games with different teams from different leagues, yet all seem to have the same outcome.

In the past i have been a football manager , I have my level 2 coaching badge so feel i should be able to make a tactic that works. I've done so many in the past on previous FM/CM games.

Transfers...Its im possible to sign anyone who's anygood. I can understand a team not wanting to sell one of its best players. but when someone is vauled at £5m and the team asks for nearer £20m, what am i to do with a budget of £10m? So im left with looking at players who are not up to prem level or any other Division i've been. Thus no point in signing anyone.

I can't shack this feeling that the guys at SI have spent too much time trying to get the sign up process right and not enough time on the game, i hope im wrong.

I want to love FM2009, i really do, I paid £25 for the game so hell i wanna get my monies worth.

So help a chap out?

My game is fully updated, so there should be no issues there.

Advise on some tactics if you can

And to those who will no doubt write "if you hate the game dont play it blah blah blah"

Well, I've already done/doing that . For the past 2/3weeks all i've play is FM08.

Cheers for reading and look forward to some of your advise

LR

All I can say is that I like FM09 after 9.2.0. I can't love it yet because of the damn issues with the match engine, but I'm enjoying playing it and having some success. Not sure what you mean about a new layout because the layout is pretty much the same as FM08. I also don't find the text too small.

I really love FM09 in my opinion its not quite as good as FM08 but will be once the new patch is out. I dont understand what you mean about transfers I think its alot easier to buy and sell players in this version there are plenty of brilliant players out there for decent prices, maybe you should check the good players and team forum to find some good players. I would give it a go once the new patch is out if you still dont like it then its obvious that FM09 is not the game for you.

I didnt like it too much for the first few weeks but have really got into several different games and enjoy it more than any other PC game at the moment.

Archived