More emphasis on important events !!

Ok I have just broken through the 1000 games mark, I won it 2-0 and all is great.

In the lead up to the game, there was a small remark about it being my 1000'th game (which I expected as it was the same way in 08), this is good, I just think that something like this should be really shouted out a lot more you know ?

If there was some way to identify personal stats such as games won/goal scored/personal relationships with other managers who maybe make a comment/players who you are close to commenting on how proud they are.

I dont know, I just think that for this kind of major event in future games there could be a bigger deal. Its not like it would get repetitive, a thousand'th game doesnt happen very often !!

Well this time around I put my assistant manager in charge of team talks before the game, and it said this:

'Popular manager Woodman is set to crack the 1,000th game mark as manager when The Baggies play at The Hawthorns on Saturday.

Interviewed for the press, Woodman's right-hand man Fábio Mahseredjian commented that Chris is truly the leader of the club and everything that happens at West Brom comes from him.'

Now I do love Mahseredjian for saying it, but there was nothing after the game having won it or anything.

Shame :(

No worries though, have to plough on to 2000 games now !!!

Maybe have the players react to it like any other media event, some players getting motivated to do well for you, others feel the pressure etc. If you make a big deal about it in a press conference some players may feel your failing to focus on the match, things like that. Opposition managers could also comment on it, praising you or hoping to spoil the party. These are all off the top of my head but could make a difference to milestones rather than just being a passing news item.

How? It's very easy to say an area of a game needs working on but it's another thing providing a way that it can actually be achieved...

Make it part of the match engine, maybe some more stuff, or acknowledgment right before the kickoff or after the game.

For example it would be pretty to recieve the cup after the champions cup final etc.

for cup finals:

- have written expectations from former players, possibly score predictions

- same for fans and possibly other managers - like the managers of the teams beaten in the semi's have their view on the match which could be affected by whether they like you or not as well

- and have an indepth analysis prior to the match maybe key player v key player

How? It's very easy to say an area of a game needs working on but it's another thing providing a way that it can actually be achieved...

I have said it many teams,that I think that there should a website type news system implemented into the game.Easy browsing and much much more information,in lesser pages

I would like to see the game, the players, and other managers make more of a reference to the accomplishment rather than just having the moment come and go and seemingly never be mentioned again. I won the ECC in 2012 and honestly the only memoir I have of it is a little "2012" writing beside ECC in the team history page.

I think if the news items made more a reference to the victory in the following year or two it would help. Perhaps have some players of managers make comments about their fear of playing you seeing as you reigning champions, etc...

I also think the finances and sponsorship should be affected more with a huge win. Not to say the finances aren't right now but the game doesn't do a great job of letting you know about all of riches and other good things that come from the big win.

Also I think that the news items should reflect how big the competition is. When I win the league cup I get the same feeling as when I win the ECC.

Archived