Who plays FM09 anyway?

What are the demographics of the FM09 players? This year's version seems only to be made for the serious players and I was wondering what the age range of players are. From what I can gather it seems to be almost exclusively young men and teenagers or am I wrong? And how many female players are there? I'm 17 and a decent number of my age group play it/have played it but this year's game seems to have got rid of the players who like to play purely for fun every now and then because a lot of time and effort needs to be put in to be successful in this game.

Just a thought of mine.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 14(almost 15) and I enjoy the game this year, immensly but I do understand what you are saying and it seems that a lot of people are saying that due to the complexity of the game, compared to what it was like say 5 years ago.

But, then again everything develops so...:D

What are the demographics of the FM09 players? This year's version seems only to be made for the serious players and I was wondering what the age range of players are. From what I can gather it seems to be almost exclusively young men and teenagers or am I wrong? And how many female players are there? I'm 17 and a decent number of my age group play it/have played it but this year's game seems to have got rid of the players who like to play purely for fun every now and then because a lot of time and effort needs to be put in to be successful in this game.

Just a thought of mine.

i fail to see why people think that this version requires more skill/time or even knowledge of the game in general comapred to the others its errrr.... the same.

28 here btw.

32, Male, Basildon, FM09-less.

Read a review of FIFA Manager 09 in this months PC Gaming and they reckoned that the game was tripe and only gave it 3/10, also seeing as it's an EA product it's likely to have strict DRM on it, therefore I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot barge pole. They also previewed Championship Manager 09 and more or less said that Football Manager has a very good competitor now and that the match engine looks good, if not better than that of FM09, and on the CM forums they have said that they will categorically not put a strict DRM on their game, that tips the scales for me and can't wait to try it.

Roll on April.

sales ? lol

FIFA MANAGER 09 has moved forward a great deal

fm sales have drop since fm2007

look at the graphis of FIFA MANAGER 09 its miles better than fm

FIFA Manager, great game but for children only.

32 male Serbia

sales ? lol

FIFA MANAGER 09 has moved forward a great deal

fm sales have drop since fm2007

look at the graphis of FIFA MANAGER 09 its miles better than fm

FM's sales have moved forwards- Ter and Miles have said as much.

FIFA Manager's sales have remained low, and the game is a shadow of CM, which is a shadow of FM. It's a terrible, terrible game, full of useless gimmicks such as playing golf and "buying wives".

Graphics mean nothing, exactly nothing, on a football management sim.

This really is a poor attempt at creating another 'it's too hard' bandwagon for the people who frankly belong playing LMA or FIFA.

But, by way of contradicting the OP's argument that FM should be dumbed down to suit the teenage demographic, I'm a soon to be 34yr old male in Warsaw or Bristol (varies) who has less and less time to play FM but even then thinks it could have more depth. :thup:

Let's not dumb it down for the people who've misunderstood FM's place at the pinnacle of the genre.

Archived