THE Best Striker Thread

Hi there

I thought we should discuss who has been the best striker for members in the most recent FMH2009.

For me, it has to be Torres as the lone striker, where his goals to game ratio is 2:3.

He is less effective as a part of a front two, or even front three, but for that role one of my biggest successes was Rossi from Villarreal and Italy. When winning the World Cup with Italy in 2014 he scored 8 goals, netting in every game except the final.

Joe Garner deserves an honourable mention for his consistancy, but he has not scaled the heights on a world stage. The same goes for Hulk of Porto.

Anyone else have striker's they could not live without?

• 1 month later...

Torres gets me lots of goals as a lone striker, (around 30 always), I've had Benzema play both with 2 partners and alone, both times he couldn't score more than 15 goals in a season, even though i signed him on a free transfer, i am ****ed i didn't bring in Podgrebnyak who i found out scores a lot as a lone target man.

I would also add Adebayor

Has anyone played with Ibrahimovic as a lone striker?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oscar Cardozo from Benfica

I play him on thebuggel 4-3-3, the others strikers got 14 and 16 gls...shame on them!

Cardozo is very consistent, and if only i had put him scoring penaltys and free kicks sooner (i put him when there was only 9 games till end of season) he coulda beat the 70 goal mark easily.

Other games ive started with Benfica he always scored 30+ a season and with great ratings always, but this season...he blew my mind.

56 apps/66 gls/14 ast/8.85 av. rating ...freaky!

Hes relatively cheap, buy him you wont regret.

• 2 weeks later...

sameras from celtic was awsom for me. i won the champions league in season 1. also Sean Burns from saint mirren is turning out to be a very good buy. bought for 80k in season 1 and at begining of season 2 now work 800k.

ps sorry for spelling. not very good at english. close reading exam went badly.

Archived