My fans are morons.

Unless the fans see instant results they get the ump with players. I signed Keirrison (sp) for Newcastle during the Jan transfer window. By the end of the season he had played 13 games, got 4 goals and 3 assists. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination but the fans were 14% happy with the signing. Halfway through the 2nd season he has played 20 games and got 15 goals and the fans love him.

Evra and Vidic were rubbish for the 1st 6 month for United, now look at them :thup:

Could be - Bruins is an AM - although they have a low opinion of Thomas Gravesen (CM) and Jozy Altidore (ST) too. I think the problem is that they don't consider the price. Bruins was cheap, Gravesen was on a free, and Altidore is on loan.

That's sort of realistic too though, as real Bolton fans still mock Megson for signing Rasiak, and that was just a loan.

Fans judge based on rating (or they used to in FM08) so if a new signing only makes a few substitute appearances to start with and doesn't get his rating up from its starting point they'll quickly regard him as a bad signing. Even if he plays full matches and scores goals they will still use his average rating (or maybe over the last however many games rather than the whole season) to judge him.

Ugh i've had this too, I'm Solihull Moors in Blue Square North (expected 21st) and signed a keeper called Paul Jones... we've conceeded 4 in 22 games and my fans hate him!? He has the best cleen sheet/game record in the country and they think he's a bad signing because for whatever reason he gets low match ratings regardless if he's saving shots.

If Joe Hart was doing this for my City or Turley for my local Oxford team i'd be over the moon with them :D

theres alot of fake fans in this game that get mad over a 2-0 victory, geez im happy when my team win regardless, a win is a win!

That is a bit annoying aswell, on my Newcastle save I played an entire U-18 team in the League Cup away to Norwich and beat them 3-1. This is not good enough for my fans!

The Bolton faithful regard Luigi Bruins to be a "poor signing."

21 years old, signed for under £2 million, scored 8 goals from midfield in his first season.

There's no pleasing some people!

I have been promoted 3 times in four seasons and they aren't happy. It does need tweaking to make it accurate I think.

whilst fans in real life can be annoying and stupid...i feel the game doesn't take into account young players enough. Clearly that 16 year old (like Kadlec for example) isn't going to go straight into my premiership lineup, yet the fans quickly start with the 'disappointed at how little games' comment in the confidence section, whereas in real life premiership clubs have so many youth players that only the diehard fan would know if a new youngster had been signed to be honest.

They also named Juan Manuel Mata, signed for just £3 million, as worst signing of the season in the entire league. Do they not understand "one for the future?!"

At least Dorin Goian was recognized as the second best signing!

I signed Saivet and got voted as the worst signing of the season. He is 18 and only played about 15 games in total. Balotelli got best signing though :D

The Bolton faithful regard Luigi Bruins to be a "poor signing."

21 years old, signed for under £2 million, scored 8 goals from midfield in his first season.

There's no pleasing some people!

I had the exact same thing happen when i first boguht the game and signed him for Celtic. My assistant told me my midfield needed to be strenghend so i went out and signed him along with Appiah (i think it was). The fans came back saying Bruins was a poor signing even though he played real well and scored a lot of goals.

Yeah i signed a fantastic centre midfield who was released by Barca. His scout report had him to develop into a fantastic player.

So he puts in a bad perfomance and the fans think he will be an awful signing, despite the fact he is a 17 year old and has run the show in his other matches :D

I think what the game needs is some sort of option to do a press release when a player is signed. i.e., if you pick up an experienced player on a free transfer you can release a statement saying "he'll be backup to the first team." If you get a young guy you can tell the fans he's "one for the future."

whilst fans in real life can be annoying and stupid...i feel the game doesn't take into account young players enough. Clearly that 16 year old (like Kadlec for example) isn't going to go straight into my premiership lineup, yet the fans quickly start with the 'disappointed at how little games' comment in the confidence section, whereas in real life premiership clubs have so many youth players that only the diehard fan would know if a new youngster had been signed to be honest.

Im just taking a stab in the dark here, but it could be the players status in the squad for example, a 16 yo player for the future may have his squad status set to first team or key player(I do this when the board dont allow mw enough wages for hot prospect status), which may build up fans expectations, but im not sure.

I had the exact same thing happen when i first boguht the game and signed him for Celtic. My assistant told me my midfield needed to be strenghend so i went out and signed him along with Appiah (i think it was). The fans came back saying Bruins was a poor signing even though he played real well and scored a lot of goals.

Bruins is a good player for a mid-table team. Takes good free kicks, penalties, and long shots. Even scored a few headers too. Got him on loan then signed him in January. Of course after his excellent performances his wage demands had soared, but mercifully I had inserted a "future fee" clause in the loan deal.

Of course, my fans don't agree with any of this!

Im just taking a stab in the dark here, but it could be the players status in the squad for example, a 16 yo player for the future may have his squad status set to first team or key player(I do this when the board dont allow mw enough wages for hot prospect status), which may build up fans expectations, but im not sure.

If it did this, that would be fine. Unfortunately it doesn't. The fans expect every signing to instantly play in the first team and play well, else they are rubbish.

I would have thought it would be relatively simple to adjust fans expectations (or indeed, for young players, remove them completely) depending upon squad status.

Absolutely. Annoys me everytime I sign a 16 year old for my youth squad.

So true, I wish the game would take this into account more. It reported that I was the busiest club in the league during a recent transfer window, (making 7 signings) while this may be true the fact was 6 of them were under 18 and went into my u18's squad not to be seen for a few years. Yet my fans confidence and signings confidence slated the signings. All this despite me telling the fans and press at a press conference early in the season that my transfer policy was more for "signing young players".

This should be better represented in the game, while it's nothing major and the fans usually prove to be really fickle with this and eventually see these signings go on to be great players, in reality they wouldn't even hear about them usually and certainly wouldn't question them - if anything they are more likely to be pleased by the club snapping up young potential starlets!

Well that's my opinion anyway.

Well Phil Jagelkia didnt start that well at everton and many toffee fans thought it was a poor signing

now look at him he is a gun

yep got to agree with that i was very unsure when we signed him but after some time and a few mistakes he's turned out to ba a valuable team player

We (Celtic) signed Scott Brown for £4.4 million from Hibs.

In his first few games in the Hoops he was dynamite, then his form fell away for a season.

This season he's been a total machine.

Also Barry Robson was decried as a poor singing, but it was down to him that we won the league last year.

Archived