Undersoil heating and improved training facilities cost $6M?

Going along very nicely and have brought a Scottish Third Division team to the Premier League and avoided relegation. Won the League Cup, seemed to turn a tidy profit. At the end of the year, the board tells me that they are installing undersoil heating and improved our training facilities and youth facilities. The bottom line takes a $6M hit. Does that make sense? How can I find out how much the improvements cost. Thanks.

Undersoil heating costs a fortune as well. You have to dig up the whole pitch and it's foundation, lay the heating and sort out the drainage. Made all the more expensive by the fact you are limited by the confines of the stadium, if the stands around the pitch weren't there it'd be a fairly easy job.

You don't mention what level of facilites you are improving from. Getting to the top level is extremely expensive.

Going along very nicely and have brought a Scottish Third Division team to the Premier League and avoided relegation. Won the League Cup, seemed to turn a tidy profit. At the end of the year, the board tells me that they are installing undersoil heating and improved our training facilities and youth facilities. The bottom line takes a $6M hit. Does that make sense? How can I find out how much the improvements cost. Thanks.

Birmingham are set to install undersoil heating in the summer, it's expected to cost between £300k-£500k.

Training and youth facilities usually cost over £1m each.

That comes in at somewhere around the £2.5m mark (minimum) which, depending on the exchange rate FM uses, isn't a long way from your $6m.

Archived