Which country produces the best regens in your game?

I'm just curious now that I read something Nomis said about regens coming from unusual places. Basically I keep hearing about a lack of top quality regens (though there really are plenty from what I've seen. However there are some problems with some key stats, but that's a different topic) and so I wondered where they are all actually coming from.

In my game for example England lacks any really good midfielders that are younger than 30(national team). However there is a great abundance of young defenders, some wingers and a couple of very good forwards. On to a more global perspective I will list the countries that the top 20 odd regens have come from (my opinion of course).

France 2

Italy 2

Spain 2

Portugal 1

England 4

Turkey 1

Denmark 1

Japan 1

Holland 1

Germany 1

Ukraine 1

Czech 1

Saudi 1

Bahrain 1

Can I just ask what your newgen from Saudi Arabia is called? I have 3 in my game 2 CB's and a RB all very good with the RB being the best in the world and moving 3 times in 3 years for a combined transfer fee of £56m. He's called Al Thunyadian (or something along those lines).

I ask because I remember reading a thread a while back where people mentioned a newgen who appeared in 5 different peoples games, he had the same pic, name and position but different attributes and I wondered if the newgens are already created rather than randomly generated.

Strangely enough, most of my regens at celtic have gone on to play in the premiership, and seeing there, i've decided to buy them, though i couldn't give you the best regens in the game.

Although Russia has one that i snapped up for (what i think to be) a bargain 9m

I ask because I remember reading a thread a while back where people mentioned a newgen who appeared in 5 different peoples games, he had the same pic, name and position but different attributes and I wondered if the newgens are already created rather than randomly generated.

That was Ben Kenny, who is an SI employee inserted into the game. It's similar to adding yourself using an edt file. And he didn't have the same picture or position, unless we're talking about different instances. Other regens are created randomly.

I think it's a different one Canvey!! The one i'm talking about had a facegen of a bald player in all instances, I can't remember tha name and I doubt it is the case that they aren't randomly generated, but i'm just curious.

Hamad Sami was the guy from Saudi Arabia. He's fullback. Infact there are a lot of great 25-30 year old wingbacks and fullbacks in my game.

Also, Brazil seems to be picking up the pace. I now have 3 amazing young Brazillian Strikers, and an even more impressive Winger/ Attacking mid / Forward. Though they are still developing. However Santos, the eldest of them all (23, ST) is doing well this season and the 20 year old I shipped off to Hibernian is tearing up the SPL. So yeah, Brazil will be the next big one to look out for.

From what I can tell CA doesn't mean much. Someone told me that Andy Carroll only had a CA of 174... That hasn't stopped him from scoring 314 goals for Derby and 69 in 74 caps for England!

But still, it's good that the game doesn't just make all great regens pop out from one place.

Randomly the UAE had 2 great players. I bought one for free then sold him 6 months later for $5million and then Newcastle paid $47million for him a bit after that.

I also got a great Saudi Player, and Man City had a really good one aswell.

But they are the only random ones I have seen.

brazil and spain for me, also mexico's had a fair amount of really good players come through.

my rising star is a PA 190 goalkeeper (with a potential % of little over 77 with fm genie icon_biggrin.gif ) from Myanmar, love the players with potential from weird places.

In terms of Genie scout % rating the best players in the world by nation in 2020 are:

Spain

Brazil

Italy 3

England 2

St Martin

Hungary

Slovenia

USA

Croatia 2

Ireland

New Caledonian

Turkey

Germany 4

Ive always found Germany to have the most numerous high quality regens

Is this maybe to do with the fact SI want the German team filled up with regens quickly as they dont have a license for the current team? icon_confused.gif

I dont use any scouting tools so i cant verify this scientifically but in my game most of the top players come form england. There are many good south american players but because of work permits they rarely amount to much. By the time you can sign them its too late. For some reason i always have 2 swiss players in my team. They seem to have good regens. It could be because my scouts are better at scouting england. Now if i could only find some MCs with 4 stars it would be great. icon_smile.gif

The nationality of my Notts County squad (Top of the Premiership in 2018) is as follows:

Anguilla - 1

Brazil - 1

Denmark - 1

England - 2

Spain - 2

France - 2

Germany - 3

Hungary - 2

Italy - 1

Japan - 1

Netherlands - 2

Norway - 1

Poland - 1

Slovenia - 1

British Virgin Islands - 1

I've omitted the 3 or 4 non-regens who are still hanging round. So there's quite a spread. I've got no idea on CA figures etc but if I had to say who the best ones were I'd say my ideal first 11 is as follows: (I've picked 3 star players out with asterisks)

GK - Germany

DL - Norway

DR - Japan

DC - France *

DC - Denmark

ML - Spain

MR - Italy

MC - British Virgin Islands *

MC - Norway

SC - Anguilla *

SC - Hungary

So yeah, a fair spread of talent really. France won the 2014 World Cup and Spain won the 2016 European Cup, though looking at the teams for the European final there weren't many regens in there. icon_frown.gif

I use a mac so i cant actually check the pa/ca, but based on my observations:

Brazil probably produce the most- i manage west ham and brazil- and brazil still has the strongest international squad in 2022.

Argentina are a dissapointment - i cant think of anyone of note.

Elsewhere in South America Columbia have produced a couple of good midfielders, and paraguay have one of the worlds best DMC's.

portugal have arguably the two best strikers in the world, but midfield, defence (with the exception of a top top right back) and goal are all very shaky.

Germany has deffinately produced the world best central defenders - 4 who are absoloutely world class, when most countries struggle to produce one. They have good players in several positions actually and are probably the best european side.

Perhaps the most striking thing in my save is that Turkey has a lot of excellent players - most of the top european sides will have one or two Turks e.g west ham (myself!) Arsenal, Real, Man Utd, Juventus, Barca etc They would deffinately be vying with the germans for best british squad. Along with Sweden they have the best regen goalie (i find good ones quite rare as even goalies with clearlly high PA have a poor distribution of attributes.)

There are two or three good spaniards, but they dont have a well rounded side.

The dutch are truly hopeless - no good players, even scotland have a beter team! I think this problem may be caused by them having a low rep league?

France, Italy and England are all fairly poor. Managing an english side, i would like to have a representative of our race on board, but i cant find anyone good enough - i am like ruddy arsenal - i pack my youth team with gifted foreigners!

There are almost no good africans, save for a couple of good white south africans, one of whom ended up starring for real madrid. Unfortunately the white south africans have black african names which is pretty distasteful. There are millions of hard working whites in Africa, why does si want to deny their existence?

I dont know if which leagues you run effects the production of regens?

i run england (prem & championship), france, italy, portugal, spain, scotland & holland.

but as i have said the best european sides are turkey and germany and i dont run their leagues.

another thing i think may possibly alter the balance is the size of your initial database. I think i run on medium but with a ddt fie which adds most of the first division sides from south america & europe + all africas top sides. I think that if a team starts the game with a full squad, they will be replaced as they retire with regens. This means that for example the Kaizer chiefs and Orlando Pirates in South Africa still both have full squads with no greyed out players in 2022.

Players under 18 with a PA higher than 170:

Argentina - 2

Austria - 1

Bhutan - 1

Bolivia - 1

Brazil - 1

Cameroon - 1

Chile - 2

Costa Rica - 1

England - 5

Finland - 2

France - 4

Guinea-Bissau - 1

Holland - 1

Hungary - 1

Ireland - 1

Italy - 1

Ivory Coast - 2

Jordan - 1

Mayotte - 1

Portugal - 1

Scotland - 2

Spain - 3

Wales - 1

and the positions.. (I'll count a DC/DM player as two seperate positions)

GK - 0

SW - 1

DR - 3

DL - 1

DC - 14

DM - 4

MR - 1

ML - 1

MC - 5

AMR - 2

AML - 1

AMC - 3

AM - 2

FC - 3

ST - 8

Scotland has more potential stars than Brazil? Bizarre.

Archived