What is this ..

footballmanager2009hx7.jpg

was just looking through "my computer", to see if there were any files i could delete, to clear some room, and i found this, in my "Program Data" file.

Does anyone know what it is, whether its needed, and im not the only one who has got it am i??

its not overly important but would be nice to know what it is/for.

I don't think so. I think Miles said they were used for testing the game and they forgot to take them out when releasing the game.

I think Miles was lying about that, I reckon there is some super Miles/Sonic hybrid regen hidden somewhere long into the future in FM. God knows what that football thing is for though

Since it's in the certificate folder I would guess that it's used by the DRM and shouldn't be touched.

When I had the demo installed I looked at some of the DRM files to figure out which DRM they were using (very important when I decide whether or not to buy a game), and it seemed like the DRM was going to use steganography to hide registration information inside images. Since you found images inside the certificate folder, then that seems to indicate that they are infact using that in the full game. I can't say for sure without getting the game myself, and compare images before and after activation though. Since that isn't going to happen because I hate DRM, then just stick to the advice I gave at the beginning of this post: Don't touch!

There's a picture of miles jacobson somewhere as well. It led to a theory that he's an alien

No, the theory stems from the fact that his mother never sees him, the fact that he's never denied being an alien, and that he once said "if an alien landed, I'd describe SI as an..." and then used about ten really long words which would confuse anyone but an alien.

Oh, and Ov Collyer asked for a really wacky conspiracy theory.

Paul Collyer (PaulC on these boards) - match engine coder.

"Paul Collyer" would have sufficed. But thanks. :thup:

Ah, the Football Manager Mini-Fridge from a few years ago

Are these things purchasable by us average Joes?

Archived