The fun is still here!!!

Now with all the people moaning about tactics going mental and not working,and wondering where all the 'fun' has gone? i have found a solution.....DON'T TWEAK!!!!

I just ran a season with southport.(was a old save) So decided to go through a season, with one formation, one set of tactics, and making sure i didn't change alot in match(formation maybe).

I finshed the league, top 21 points clear, 80 goals scored and only 20 odd conceded.

So just a message to people that success can be achieved without tweaking and trying to be a tactical mastermind!

Remember, just because your tactic worked in your game it doesn't mean that the same approach will work for others. But, it may be worth a try if you are really struggling.

I'm not suggest they'll work for everyone or anyone for that matter, it's annoying seeing people say you NEED to tweak. But in truth if you have basic a formation and some solid tactics in place(to suit your players.) it's not that confusing.

agreed.

Just started picking more or less the same team simple 4-4-2 formation with liverpool and have started to get consistency.

I was 5th and 6 points behind man city at the end of march. I used to always change my tactics. After inconsistent form i stopped tweaking and now im on a great run and chasing 3rd spot at the beginning of may.

Now with all the people moaning about tactics going mental and not working,and wondering where all the 'fun' has gone? i have found a solution.....DON'T TWEAK!!!!

I just ran a season with southport.(was a old save) So decided to go through a season, with one formation, one set of tactics, and making sure i didn't change alot in match(formation maybe).

I finshed the league, top 21 points clear, 80 goals scored and only 20 odd conceded.

So just a message to people that success can be achieved without tweaking and trying to be a tactical mastermind!

You've said you 'didn't change a lot in match'. That suggests that you did make small changes. What is making minor changes but 'tweaking'? And is a change of formation really minor?

If you hadn't changed anything at all you would have a point. As you made changes on your own admission I don't see how that's different than anyone else.

I agree about the fun still being here. My current save is awesome at the moment, currently on 42 games unbeaten and have lost 8 times in the league over 4.5 years. Winning the league, and both cups each time. Also the regens are awesome, have found some great players and moulding my players around being all professional and determind.

You've said you 'didn't change a lot in match'. That suggests that you did make small changes. What is making minor changes but 'tweaking'? And is a change of formation really minor?

If you hadn't changed anything at all you would have a point. As you made changes on your own admission I don't see how that's different than anyone else.

I agree with the OP in theory with what he says but agree with Rupal here as the OP said he made minor changes which is what tweaking is first of all and a change of formation is a big change.

You're wrong I'm afraid.

I don't really change anything at all before or during a game, I haven't since FM06. I find a balanced tactic and stick to it, improving it by improving my players. In '08 this was quite difficult to do but by no means impossible. In '09 I've so far found this to be very very difficult and in my experience tactical sets seem to be the way to go for '09.

But all that's beside the point, the people who have been 'moaning' about the tactical side of the game have not been doing so because they cannot have success, but because they cannot use the current tactical system to make their team play how they want them to.

You've had success sticking with one tactic but can you say why you've had success? Is it because you set up your tactic to play possession football, or because you're playing through a traget man who's holding up the ball and bringing others into play. Or is it because you've set your team up to be tight at the back and use their pace to hit opponents on the break? Perhaps you have hight in your team so have set them up to take advantage of that in set pieces?

Or is it a case of you changing things until it worked and then simply sticking with that system without actually knowing why it works?

I never tweak tactics before, during or after a match, but I have issues with fun and tactics. I kept the same tactic for the first 10 games of my FC Bayern save, everything was going ok and then I went on a run of 5 straight defeats, at no point did I tweak. Sorry, but you're wrong.

but

Make your mind up mate :)

My tweaking i mean't, if you go 1-0 down after the first 2 mins don't change your enitre tactics and formation just stick with it. It's all to serious and i do agree with some people that you can go on a inconsistant run of games however i stuck with it i lost my 5 games in a row, 3 at home and 2 away but i didn't swap stuff.

Archived