laptop help

i know there are a lot of these threads and they dont really benefit the community much so i'll try be brief.

i was thinking of getting a laptop cause my pc is totally graphically inept which really restricts my gaming. i dont really need it to do much just some light gaming, instant messaging, itunes and internet, sometimes all at the same time. i had a wee check on dell and came up with this:

BASE Intel® Celeron® Processor 585 (2.16GHz, 1M, 667MHz)

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 - English

LCD 15.6" Widescreen WXGA CCFL (1366 x 768) TFT Display with TrueLife™

MEMORY 4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]

HARD DRIVE 320GB (5,400rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive

GRAPHICS CARD Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD

OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed Internal DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive including Software

PRIMARY BATTERY 6-cell battery

i have about £500 to spend and this is just under that, i was wondering if this was worth that? if it was good enough for what i need it for? and if there is anything better for that kind of money?

thanks in advance

depending where you have looked already, but i would say you can get alittle better, currys have some ok deals on, check their online store and laptopsdirct.co.uk also have some deals on, personally i would be looking for a better graphics card - you can check this site out i have linked to compare graphic cards.

click me -- this is the card i am looking to get in a laptop im looking at buying but its quite alot more than £500. :)

Archived