New Laptop Help Please.....

Ok I have finally decided to replace my beloved current laptop, i've had it 5 years and its getting on a bit.....

I dont know to much about technical stuff but my current laptop stats arent that bad so I want to get something that is better not just comparable to my current laptop, also which is more important for smooth fm? RAM or Processor, or both?

My budget is about £500, at a push upto £600

I tend to play fm aswell as have itunes and internet on at same time so need something powerful, I've had a look at Sony Vaio's but they seem a bit overpriced for wat they are, there a nice Acer, but dont really know what they're like as never heard of them

Ideally I want 3GB Ram, 250GB Hard Drive and a 2.5GHx processor, if anyone can recommend one within my budget i'd be very grateful, or if you can recommend one better than the stats i want above also is appreciated.

Hi m8 i got a laptop not long ago its a sony vaio vgn-nr38s you will pick up one for about £300-350 intelcore due processor 2.0GHz 2gig ram 250 hard drive and it runs my fm great not a problem with it it comes with a geforce 8400 gt Graphics card in it.Like you i am not good when it comes to the tech stuff i dont even know if that graphics card is good but i can play fm on high detail for the 3d match without a problem

Archived