quad core and threading

Well, so they say, but i'm not sure. It might make use of it, but it's not very effective in that case. Well, for me that is :p

Q6700 OC'd to 3,4GHz (normally 2.66GHz, which i have been playing with)

3.5GB RAM

1TB HDD

GeForce GTX 260 896MB

Home Premium

It goes kinda slow here, compared to FM2008 on a worse computer. And that was a dual-core.

Well, so they say, but i'm not sure. It might make use of it, but it's not very effective in that case. Well, for me that is :p

Q6700 OC'd to 3,4GHz (normally 2.66GHz, which i have been playing with)

3.5GB RAM

1TB HDD

GeForce GTX 260 896MB

Home Premium

It goes kinda slow here, compared to FM2008 on a worse computer. And that was a dual-core.

yours should be fliying mate, mine is a Q6600 quad core 2.4 overclcoked to 3.2 and mine is running pritty fast..

the lates test i did was run 10 nations' with top 2 divisions so thats 20 leagues etc. running in holiday mode it took 2hrs 10 mins to complete 1 year exactly, thats 2.5 minutes per week on average..

i don't really want to overlclock any higher and am trying to find the fastest setting's for my own requirments really

Yeah, i know Wayne. I was expecting it to fly with that kind of setup.

I don't know why, but it just seems to fly for a while, then it slows down. Then i get the UI lag and everything. Haven't really figured it out.

It's not like i expect it to fly 1 week in 5 seconds when i click continue, but you know when you have that feeling that something is off?

I normally don't have much running either. Normally FM is the only application running (apart from important services), apart from now :D

Could you pm your in-game settings and which leagues you are running? Would like to take that test myself, with everything being exactly the same as yours - in the game that is :p

I did follow a few advice on the forums, and it seemed to help a little bit, but i was a bit surprised when i turned off Aero. The game started to stutter. When i turned Aero back on the game was fine.

ok,

i'm using large data base with the threading option ticked..

Nations, Argentina top division, Brazil top division, English top 4 divisions, Italian top 2 divisions, Holland top 2 divisions, France top 2 divisions, spain top 2 divisions, scotland top 2 divisions, german top 2 divisions and portugal top 2 divisions

I set my choosen club to forest, i dont change any detail level, soon as i chose my club i just set the holiday option and click july 15th 2009 and then leave it to run, while running i dont do any thing else on pc.

Alright. Will try to do that. Won't happen today though, but probably within this week. Will let you know how long it takes.

Thanks Wayne\'o :D

I just have a feeling that the game can go faster on my system, i just can't get the grasp on what can be changed :p

Game date is random. First time i was playing the game it started already in August-September, and then the computer was brand new. But there's no specific date or period.

Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's slow. I'm not considering the match-day lag or the job search screen lag.

I did a few tweaks to my computer, and it has become more stable, but not necessarily faster; or, as fast as it feels like it could go. It did help with the 9.2.0 patch, but still some "problems"

There is a thread in the bugs-forum, i think, that was started by Wakers. My final post there (again, i think :p) i just figured i'll wait for 9.3.0 and see what happens.

But the interesting things i found out was that if i don't have Aero activated i will suffer from the game stuttering.

Also the game is actually more stable (smoother when processing between fixtures) when i run more applications at the same time. That doesn't make it go any faster, but it runs smoother.

I've also, recently, turned off the processor idle powersaving setting to see if that helps. Time will tell.

But i will come back with it after i try the test. If you look at my posts (somewhere), then i will have a dxdiag report in one of them, if that would help you at all. You probably know how to read that one better than me :p

just to let you know rokela, im only running vista basic, and i have turned off unwanted programs running, when desiding on what i use my pc for, i didnt see the need to buy any better than basic because it had what i need and i thought it would leave more memory for FM...

I think unticking my threading option did make my processing seem slower.

I'll keep that in mind Wayne. I've disabled services i don't need as a well, and turned off unwanted programs running too. They didn't have basic as an option when i ordered my computer. What a bummer :p

I tried unticking threading once and that really slowed it down.

TheRealMagpies - I know i have an Intel X38 Express chipset, but after that i'm stuck. I simply just don't understand that language. But i've seen someone else mention the same thing - not that it really tells me much. I definitely help to understand that one. I know your post was to Wayne, but i couldn't help butting in. Sorry :o

i ordered the hardware for my pc and built it my self, kinda wish i had spend a bit extra and got 64 bit and a tad better processor..

i guess my next challenge will be to build an ip7 as soon as i built mine i now feel it;s out of date already lol..

i wonder if Si get commision on pc hardware, so many people have updated or bought a new pc just to run FM2009.. playing the game long term with only limited leagues makes my experiance poor, i like to see alot of international teams keep full squads and have alot more player nationality's to choose from.

At it's simplest (but not totally accurate)

Think roads ..

1 thread = 1 lane, so you only have 1 lot of traffic

so with 1 core with 1 thread you have a single lane 'b' road

1 core with 2-4 threads means you have an 'a' road through to a motorway

1 core = a cpu

2/4 cores means 2-4 cpu's welded together as 1 chip

An "Intel's X38 chipset" is just a collective term for a large list of motherboard hardware and will be similar in nature to other chipsets by Intel/VIA etc.

Wayno\'0 I'm pretty sure "threading" can only be ticked/unticked if your PC has multiple cpu's anyway and is detected by the game, leave it ticked for improved performance. (you can check in Windows task Manager on the performance tab - CPU Usage History there will be 1-4 graphs on the top-right section)

Archived