This is weird.

Thats just ****. So you could go through a large number of coaches with 17 attribute who all have a low CA and spending lots of money, before finding a coach who's attribute finally leads to a 5star+ rating in training.

So this has nothing to do with his reputation?

Reputation doesn't really show how good anyone is, it just shows how well known they are. It is the attributes, which tie in with the CA, that make up how good a player/staff member is

I dont know why, but it only seems to affect youth training - Ive had a lot of coaches with 7 star rating for senior training falling to 3-4 stars when assigning to youth training - despite high working with youngsters(17+). So I guess there are more to it than just their ability in just that area and the working with youngster attributes.

Lyssien - help:D

So how are you suppose to find good coaches without using the editor?

Personally, I just go by trial and error, for the most part, coaches with high attributes will be good at whatever the attributes are highest in, but you do get the odd dog (such as you have) I just hire them, stick them into the schedule and see what comes out. If the stars are low, I tend to leave it for a little while see if they improve and, in my experience, they often do, much the same as pitch time make's players improve.

It would probably help to only hire them on shorter contracts than you originally planned, then if they are not good enough, they won't be at your club for so long because of their expiring contracts. Or you can terminate their contract and it won't cost you so much in compensation

Some people ask the same question about players. You never really can be sure of what you're getting. That's life.

So if he has 17 out of 20 ability points in tactical training, that might not actually be the case?

Where is the database editor?

If you installed or authenticated your game through Steam, you will find the editor at:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

if you didn't use Steam at all it will be at:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

thanks a lot btw what is the resource archiver

I think this has to do with the fact that ther are no players on any schedule. I've had the same problem before with Kopke: 20 gk training would only get 3 star! I was totaly ****ed off till I found out that I didn't have any players on my gk schedule....

Hope this helps you out mate

I think this has to do with the fact that ther are no players on any schedule. I've had the same problem before with Kopke: 20 gk training would only get 3 star! I was totaly ****ed off till I found out that I didn't have any players on my gk schedule....

Pretty sure this is the reason..

This is the reason...

Archived