Installing in 2nd Computer - Steam

I am currently trying to install Footman 09 in my second computer. I have installed Steam , installed footman. But , when i open steam , and go to "My Games" to launch it , its gives me a message "Updating Football Manager 2009 , Ready to play in 2 hours (countdown)" Fair enough , i waited for this , but it was more like 20 mins than 2 hours. But after it updated it , a message came up "Football Manager 2009 currently not available; and sends me back to "My Games" So i tried it again , same thign happened. Whats going wrong here , and how do i solve it?

I've installed though Steam, do I have to run the game through Steam each time I want to play?

No you don't, you can create a shortcut to Football Manager 2009 without having to use Steam. Go to:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\

and right click the fm.exe file and choose "send to desktop (create shortcut)"

Great, ive had no luck what-so-ever with 2009 , Thanks anyway CP & ftg!

CP did all the work really but I'll take some credit :D

If it still isn't working after the re-install, then best idea is to come back here to seek more help mate :thup:

Btw when i re-install , do i need to do something cause its on a second computer , cause maybe thats where i went wrong?

Shouldn't think so mate, just install as you did on the other comp and all should be well

Archived