How do you play the game?

I would like to know which way do you like to play this game the most.

1). Play a long-term game with only one (major) club for over 20 seasons, wining everything again and again, buying young players and slowly build them in in your first team, expand stadiums etc, etc...

2). Play a long-term game with a small club, bellow first league and take them to first and stick with them thorugh hard and better times, rejecting big-club offers (whether they are for you or for one of your players) and also invest in youth, sign free-transfers etc...

3). Start at small club, make a name for yourself... then go to a big club or wait for your favourite club to come to get you.

4). Start at a big club, win everything you can... then change league to go to some other big club and win there as much as you can... or wait for some other big club to fall into a crisis then go over there as their rescue man.

5). ...if I missed something, feel free to add/describe the way you like to play the game.

I personally always played like the one at no.1) ...start at big club (over 70% of the cases it was AC Milan) and never leave, win everything, buy talents and big names... etc... but lately it became boring for me...

...now I might try the one at no.4) ...still big (or medium) clubs, but changing environment every few seasons, go to clubs in crisis and bring back their glory... and not have to invest in youth, before it was interesting to nurture young talents, now not so much... and whats the point to buy talents when you are going to leave in a 2-3 (max. 4) seasons...

What about you..?

It depends on what I am in the mood for, currently I only have one save "active", a Man Utd one I started for testing the patch on, but before that, I had 3 on the go. A career with AFC Wimbledon, my usual game with Bristol City and a mess about one with Man City, so I would just pick whichever I was in the mood for, ie serious, not so serious or just a bit of fun.

Not really sure if that answers your question but it seemed to be in the right general area :)

When I get a new Fm game I tend to play with a medium team take them to the top (and normally unrealistically dominant) then when i get feed up of the board moaning about signings or performance leave and try to knock them off with another medium team. By this time the game has normally started to get curupted since I have started to change some of the big teams to get a bit more competition. I then start a fresh game with the lowest team going that has some patential by the time I get bored with this one a new version of fm is out.

At the minute I am Blyth in 2013 in league 1. Am missing the free transfer world and the no money side of it hoping for a decent cup run to gain a few thousand. now I have money and its weird because all the money I have is earned through selling players and winning games which i like.

Lower league games suit me so much more. :)

2 for me.

I play as Leeds which, although we are in all sorts in real life, makes a fascinating FM game as it takes a few years of hard graft to get them back where they belong.

I've just started my fifth games as Leeds recently and am having a blast. Only problem is Uncle Kens wallet moths.

Career game normally, start in League Two and go from there. In the past i've played as Notts County but this time i went for Chester City.

Tend to build a team up over the long term as the budgets need to be controlled. Also rely on my scouts to find players to buy. The search function is then setup to show only unattached/loan players which are then scouted to see if they fit in (Determination, Teamwork, Workrate are mandatory for my teams).

If i'm doing good i should get noticed and only move clubs if i feel a can improve them quicker or a better league.

I would say that my playing style is a mix of all 4. I can be committed to a big or small club for many years and then on a whim i will take a job eslewhere and start a bit of a wander around the world before finding a club that i want to stay with for some time and the cycle starts all over again

Archived