Signed Arshavin but says need WP?

offer him a new contract, cos it always reapplies for a work permit if he doesnt have 1. are you sure when you went through the work permit stage it was accepted? cos sometimes it lets it go through but with no work permit on the basis he has to go on loan elsewhere

Ive just signed Arshavin for Bolton and it went through the work permit stage and it was accepted. I then gave him a squad number. But then when ive gone to pick him it says he needs a work permit can anyone help me on this one.

Cheers

It's probably because you have a work permit feeder club which allowed you to sign him. When you went through with the tranfer it would have said you need to loan him out but you probably missed it in the excitement of buying him.

But thats crazy anyway. Because Arshavin would get a WP, his a full international who starts just about every Russia game.

Just because a player regularly plays for their international team does not automatically qualify them for a wp. There are other criteria as well like their rating in the FIFA lists. Not sure where russia are on this list but if they are not in the top 80 then that could stop him from getting a permit. Do you have a feeder in Belgium or Poland you could send him to?

Just because a player regularly plays for their international team does not automatically qualify them for a wp. There are other criteria as well like their rating in the FIFA lists. Not sure where russia are on this list but if they are not in the top 80 then that could stop him from getting a permit. Do you have a feeder in Belgium or Poland you could send him to?

Russia have to be in the top 80.

Their clubs are some of the best in the UEFA Cup, as shown by Zenit last season.

Their country done amazingly well in European Championships, finishing in the Quarters/Semi's(cant remember).

If they aren't, FIFA is screwed up.

Anyway, my first guess that the WP for whatever reason wasn't actually issued and he OP could just still click on yes and get the transfer through.

The advice of offering a new contract is the way to go whatever was the cause. If it fails then, try and get some of your money back by selling him.

Ive just signed Arshavin for Bolton and it went through the work permit stage and it was accepted. I then gave him a squad number. But then when ive gone to pick him it says he needs a work permit can anyone help me on this one.

Cheers

Can you let us know what happened. I'm very curious. Arshavin should definitely get a WP, though I'd agree with others that he was only allowed to sign because you have a WP feeder club (though I doubt they would be of a high enough reputation that Arshavin would agree to go to them)

Archived