FM2010 Suggestion: Match Stats & Crossing

I did a search, but couldn't find anything on this so apologies if there has been. I don't frequent the forum often enough now to keep up to date with the day to day suggestions.

I may be the only one, but I find match stats for crossing are rather unhelpful currently.

Firstly the overall Match Stats that just give a % cross completion - to be honest I don't find this at all useful. If my 2 wingers have, between them, attempted 50 crosses during a game and completed 10 of them (20% cross completion) then that is a lot better for me than if they've only attempted 5 and completed 2 of them (40% cross completion). I'd find it far more helpful to have an actual number of crosses completed (and if there is room a % as well I guess so we can easily see if our wingers are getting in the positions, but just not getting the crosses in).

Secondly the individual player stats - crossing doesn't appear at all in player match stats or season stats. Is it just subsumed into passing so that a completed cross just counts as a completed pass or is it just not included at all? If it is the former then I'm well unimpressed by my winger in a recent game who attempted just 7 passes (completing 4). That's fine if it doesn't include crosses, but if it does he clearly didn't do a lot since he didn't cut infield in a mazy dribble, beating 4 men to score a long range screamer either!

I know there is limited room (that is currently full) in the columns of player stats, but can we not squeeze crossing in somewhere for our poor wingers?

If anyone else has match stats requests or comments on anything other than crosses feel free to add them here too since I imagine this thread will plummet like a stone down the boards :p

I’d second the OP’s sentiments.

I’m still on FM7 as I can’t abide the most recent two (though will give FM9 another go with patch 3). I use match stats to analyse the game in to scout the opposition.

However, I don’t always feel this gives me much in the way of accurate feedback or predictive info. It’d be great for us statos to have this made a tad more sophisticated.

By the way, I’ve heard prozone can’t be used because CM have nabbed it. There are many more programs on the market than that, y’know.

Archived