TO Marc !

Hey buddy just wanna enquire will there be any fmh08??

if have will there be any new features?? is it possible for us, consumers to give logical comments to the game so that you guys over at SI would consider our opinions seriously and make and all-rounded game that is comfortable for everyone here...

glad to hear ur reply soon!

-kyosuke, singapore.

Hey buddy just wanna enquire will there be any fmh08??

if have will there be any new features?? is it possible for us, consumers to give logical comments to the game so that you guys over at SI would consider our opinions seriously and make and all-rounded game that is comfortable for everyone here...

glad to hear ur reply soon!

-kyosuke, singapore.

I'm with you!

And i would like a more detailed financial report and maybe, if it's possible, the abillity to handle club finances. It would be nice if you could make a lott of money by having a very positive wage balance.

And also the abillity to upgrade the stadium to create more earnings....

My Requests

1) Like Fenerbache Fan said, Turkish league(s). More playable leagues, wider audience icon_razz.gif

2) Again like Fenerbache Fan, Squad Numbers, just another little feature that would be good.

3)Ability to hire and sack assistant managers, coaching staff and scouts.

4) Stadiums. Ability to have details on your stadium and in the furute, be able to buy and sell new stadiums etc.

5) Reserve / Second squads for youth players.

6) Jump from league to league, even if it makes loading a few seconds slower.

7) Country and Contintent rankings, like the world rankings but for clubs such as Manchester United and Exeter.

8) More tactic options such as the ability to create your own.

9) More training options.

10) International Management - get to choose from all possible players. I am France and i got Saha up front at the age of 37!

11) More playable leagues from continents like S. America and Asia.

12) Ability to loan a player for a season while he has been transfered to the club at end of season (like Kuschazk and manchester United)

13) Ability to edit our own posts icon_biggrin.gif

14) More responsibility in the financial aspect, eg. Loan debts and Takeovers.

15) More media icon14.gif And more answers than the current : Criticise, Defend and no Comment.

16) See financial aspects such as how much you make from games from ticket sales.

17) See staff such as chairmans names etc.

18) Feeder clubs like Antwerp for manchester United.

19) 1 Player being away maybe once or twice a year because of a family emercengy as not all footballers lives are mayhem free!

20) (Not game but FM07 website.) Please carry on doing that who will win the premeihip thing where you do a season on the PC version. That was interesting icon_smile.gif

21) Erm...running out of ideas now. Players being able to be fined fpr getting red cards. DISCIPLINE! Thats the word.

22) Erm...Dunno. Think thats enough now icon_biggrin.gif

Can anyone add to this...

Ps : Did not add 2d screen (for matches) as it may slow the game down rapidly and get rid of the pick up and play ability.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MJGB_Midget:

My Requests

1) Like Fenerbache Fan said, Turkish league(s). More playable leagues, wider audience icon_razz.gif

2) Again like Fenerbache Fan, Squad Numbers, just another little feature that would be good.

3)Ability to hire and sack assistant managers, coaching staff and scouts.

4) Stadiums. Ability to have details on your stadium and in the furute, be able to buy and sell new stadiums etc.

5) Reserve / Second squads for youth players.

6) Jump from league to league, even if it makes loading a few seconds slower.

7) Country and Contintent rankings, like the world rankings but for clubs such as Manchester United and Exeter.

8) More tactic options such as the ability to create your own.

9) More training options.

10) International Management - get to choose from all possible players. I am France and i got Saha up front at the age of 37!

11) More playable leagues from continents like S. America and Asia.

12) Ability to loan a player for a season while he has been transfered to the club at end of season (like Kuschazk and manchester United)

13) Ability to edit our own posts icon_biggrin.gif

14) More responsibility in the financial aspect, eg. Loan debts and Takeovers.

15) More media icon14.gif And more answers than the current : Criticise, Defend and no Comment.

16) See financial aspects such as how much you make from games from ticket sales.

17) See staff such as chairmans names etc.

18) Feeder clubs like Antwerp for manchester United.

19) 1 Player being away maybe once or twice a year because of a family emercengy as not all footballers lives are mayhem free!

20) (Not game but FM07 website.) Please carry on doing that who will win the premeihip thing where you do a season on the PC version. That was interesting icon_smile.gif

21) Erm...running out of ideas now. Players being able to be fined fpr getting red cards. DISCIPLINE! Thats the word.

22) Erm...Dunno. Think thats enough now icon_biggrin.gif

Can anyone add to this...

Ps : Did not add 2d screen (for matches) as it may slow the game down rapidly and get rid of the pick up and play ability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YEAH YEAH YEAH!

I TOTALLY agree with what u've mentioned. i know though is still early for fmh08 but after trying the game for almost close to a month already, i believe we had tested the game long enough to give logical feedbacks....

though the above request may seemed alot, the part where parent/feeder club, a staff database, and more control to finance at club level, playable leagues in Asia and reserve squad for each club would be good points to consider...

=) thanks

i believe sensitive issues like money(financial aspects) if given more control to us, would make the game more exciting as we not focus how many matches we win, but how good are we at transforming a poor financial struggling club into a respectable club with good youngsters that are fairly price tagged for sale or whatever.

as a HUGE and i mean really HUUUGGGGEEEE fan of CM-01/02, i really enjoyed my time looking through the staff database...

imagine if the next fmh08 would add a staff database, retiring players would not just retire and disappear from the game, but we could retain our favourite ones and keep them as coach or something....

please, not only gameplay....

pls kindly consider about the realism of the game and us, the consumer's satisfaction of fmh!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drhenry:

I'd like to be able to exchange players, Like Arsenal and Chelsea swapped Gallas (and 5 million) for Cole.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good idea doc

I am not going to say I agree with everything above but I am going to re-write some of it and my own ideas to say what I exactly want in Football Manager Handheld 2008.

I hope Marc can reply to this PLEASE

Must Haves

(1) Create your own Friendlies

(2) Include at least 4 More Playable Leagues, I say include Argentina, Brazil, South Africa (South Africa to give us variety in continents), and USA

(3) Add the Conference North/South to England

(4) Add the FIFA World Club Cup

(5) Match Commentary Sounds - We need a feel for the game

(6) 2D Match Engine - But have a Pop-up Menu before the game to choose whether to Watch Match Commentary, Watch the Game in the 2D Match Engine, or to Quick Simulate the Match (Quick Sim so you can get the result straight away). Keep the Speed Changer as is as you can still play a quick season with just the Match Commentary if you wish.

(7) Match Reports so you can read all the Match Commentary

(8) Choose Squad Numbers

(9) Have Stadium Info, Also be able to leave current stadium and if funds available build and move to a new stadium

(10) Have Reserve & Youth Squads

(11) The Ability to Create your own Tactics and to Adjust Player Runs and move Positions around e.g. Move a RB to RWB if playing a 4-4-2 Formation to move Players out wider and so-on

(12) More in-depth Training Options and the Ability to see a Players Progress in Training

(13) A better Financial Menu, I say we should have a Screen for Finances showing Income, Expenses and our Finances and Transfer Budget like in the PC Version

(14) More Media Comments (Questions & Answers) I don't want to see Stuart Pearce saying everything, I'd like to see the other Managers in the World saying more about other Teams

(15) Team Comments - Tell your Opponents what's going to happen in the next match when you play them e.g. If there going to lose or if you think there players are not strong enough to beat you or even if you reckon they will beat you

(16) Manager to Player Comments - Tell a player what you think of him or talk to him about something if there is something wrong

(17) Staff Information like Chairman’s, Assistant Managers, Coaches and so-on with Real Names and Stats

(18) Player Personal Life Problems (Players out of Football for these Reasons), Player Holidays, - Let Players Go Away for these Reasons

(19) Player Fines - Fine Players for Stupid Behaviour or just Playing REAL BAD

(20) The Ability to Compare Players to other Players around the World

(21) More Options for Buying Players e.g. Trial, First Option (If the club ever wish to sell the player in a set time-frame they will have to contact you in the first instance and give you the first option to buy. For this to work you will need them to accept an initial smaller fee, followed by a final transfer price if the player does move), and Exchanging Players

(22) The Ability to see a teams reputation broken down into 6 categories - Obscure, Local, Regional, National, Continental, Worldwide

(23) Add to Board Requests - Expand Stadium, Improve Training Facilities, Build New Stadium

(24) Ultimatums - If the board turn down a request you can issue an Ultimatum, this means you will resign as manager if the request is not accepted

(25) Latest Scores - The ability to see updates on scores while you game is being played

(26) Team Talks - Have Half Time and Full Time Team Talks so you can tell the players what you think of them during the match. At half time if you know what your saying when your teams down maybe you can snatch a win in the second half

(27) The Ability to Add Player Pictures

(28) The Ability to Add Club Kits

(29) The Ability to Add your own Created Skins

(30) Exit to Main Menu- Instead of Quitting the Game after you Retire you can go to the Main Menu

(31) New Unlockable - Unlock Harchester United

(32) Sugar Daddy needs to be Harder to Unlock

(33) The Ability to EDIT LOADS and LOADS and LOADS more of the game

(34) Better Editing Interface

(35) There is no need for country and continent rankings as there is no official rankings list in the real world

(36) THIS IS A MAYBE - Jump from league to league

• SI Staff

(with regards to requests to comment upon features for the next version - I'm afraid I can't do that simply because we only announce feature lists fairly close to a products release - I can however indicate that I'm monitoring the thread and we'll be taking all feedback into consideration)

1. icon14.gif Simple, obvious

2. icon14.gifNo doubt SI will continue to include more leagues for fmh

3. icon14.gif

4. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif A must have in my opinion

5. mmm...undecided. I think any game should have more sound included than 'click', but i think id rather SI focused on better things to improve

6&7. A lot of discussion about this. Id be content with full match commentary post-match, though the ability to view goals would still be good

8. Again, id rather SI focused on more important matters. Especially without the 2d match engine there would be little, if any, point in this

9-16. icon14.gif

17. icon14.gif Staff database + all the employment stuff that comes with it

18-24. icon14.gif

25. icon14.gif Plus live league table

26. icon13.gif I wasnt too impressed by this in pc version. Personally id hate to see it tarnish the PSP version too

27-30. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

31. meh. A brilliant unlockable target would be to win every competition in the game. Im not sure what this would unlock but hopefully it would keep us playing for even longer. +ability to see trophies won in main menu

32. True that

33&34. Personally no real interest in editing...

35. icon_smile.gif What u said

36. Nah...if u mean playable league to playable league then nah... so many issues its not even funny

wow stewy i really admire ur efforts to write those feedbacks...

and i really hope marc would follow all feedback threads closely as it will GREATLY AFFECT our faith in fmh...

hope the next version would be more interesting and would not disappoint us.

cheerz !

To be honest I’d prefer the PSP game to keep its distance from the PC version and maintain its position as a much quicker more immediate on the go alternative. The 2D engine has taken ages to get right on PC and requires a lot of processing power and it’s actually been quite nice to return to the days when half the fun of each game is adding to the text commentary with your imagination. So I’d definitely prefer they stick to the text format and concentrate their efforts in other ways. Especially as there seems to be so few people working on the game so the list of things to be changed probably won’t be that long.

Being able to choose your own tactics and move players about on the tactics screen is a definite must.

A more vibrant transfer market with more movement by other teams and a greater willingness of other teams to make offers for your players so that you’re not stuck with a load of rubbish players for years.

Allow us to manually lower the value of players so that you can make them more attractive to other teams and sell them much easier.

Make the fog of war much more intrusive so that scouting becomes essential and gives you something other than matches to concentrate on during the out of transfer window periods. The player search is far too helpful and gives us too much info on players too quickly. A general impression of their overall skill would be fine. Then you have to scout them to discover the individual stats.

Have the text commentary in the middle of the screen so that we don’t have to squint so much

Much more feedback on the opposition from your scout so that you can plan accordingly (e.g. do they play with a high back line or like to drop deep? This way you can choose to play a pacey front man or a big target man.) Numerous choices like this would make preparing for each game much more interesting and give it more variety than simply picking the fittest players for the same formation game after game.

More feedback from your staff on what you’re doing right and wrong. Sometimes it’s impossible to know why you’re in a slump. Your assistant would surely be able to see what areas aren’t working. Maybe much more informative match commentary would also help this.

With regards training it’s never been a very important feature because you can only improve a player in very small ways otherwise you would have a situation you got in old management games where you could crank players up to 20 in every stat. So it’s never been a really influential feature. It would be better to concentrate on team training where you could get your players familiar with formations and tactics but to be honest I would keep training as one of the lesser changes.

Financial considerations is a tough one because no one wants to go so far as to setting the price for hotdogs! But it might be nice to get the opportunity to allocate some funds to stadium improvements which would then boost the support and bring more money in. Then again would anyone choose stadium improvements over being able to sign some new players when you’ve only got a small amount to spend?

Just some more ideas. Great thread. And it’s nice to see so many helpful members commenting positively amongst each other.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stewy:

I am not going to say I agree with everything above but I am going to re-write some of it and my own ideas to say what I exactly want in Football Manager Handheld 2008.

I hope Marc can reply to this PLEASE

Must Haves

(1) Create your own Friendlies

(2) Include at least 4 More Playable Leagues, I say include Argentina, Brazil, South Africa (South Africa to give us variety in continents), and USA

(3) Add the Conference North/South to England

(4) Add the FIFA World Club Cup

(5) Match Commentary Sounds - We need a feel for the game

(6) 2D Match Engine - But have a Pop-up Menu before the game to choose whether to Watch Match Commentary, Watch the Game in the 2D Match Engine, or to Quick Simulate the Match (Quick Sim so you can get the result straight away). Keep the Speed Changer as is as you can still play a quick season with just the Match Commentary if you wish.

(7) Match Reports so you can read all the Match Commentary

(8) Choose Squad Numbers

(9) Have Stadium Info, Also be able to leave current stadium and if funds available build and move to a new stadium

(10) Have Reserve & Youth Squads

(11) The Ability to Create your own Tactics and to Adjust Player Runs and move Positions around e.g. Move a RB to RWB if playing a 4-4-2 Formation to move Players out wider and so-on

(12) More in-depth Training Options and the Ability to see a Players Progress in Training

(13) A better Financial Menu, I say we should have a Screen for Finances showing Income, Expenses and our Finances and Transfer Budget like in the PC Version

(14) More Media Comments (Questions & Answers) I don't want to see Stuart Pearce saying everything, I'd like to see the other Managers in the World saying more about other Teams

(15) Team Comments - Tell your Opponents what's going to happen in the next match when you play them e.g. If there going to lose or if you think there players are not strong enough to beat you or even if you reckon they will beat you

(16) Manager to Player Comments - Tell a player what you think of him or talk to him about something if there is something wrong

(17) Staff Information like Chairman’s, Assistant Managers, Coaches and so-on with Real Names and Stats

(18) Player Personal Life Problems (Players out of Football for these Reasons), Player Holidays, - Let Players Go Away for these Reasons

(19) Player Fines - Fine Players for Stupid Behaviour or just Playing REAL BAD

(20) The Ability to Compare Players to other Players around the World

(21) More Options for Buying Players e.g. Trial, First Option (If the club ever wish to sell the player in a set time-frame they will have to contact you in the first instance and give you the first option to buy. For this to work you will need them to accept an initial smaller fee, followed by a final transfer price if the player does move), and Exchanging Players

(22) The Ability to see a teams reputation broken down into 6 categories - Obscure, Local, Regional, National, Continental, Worldwide

(23) Add to Board Requests - Expand Stadium, Improve Training Facilities, Build New Stadium

(24) Ultimatums - If the board turn down a request you can issue an Ultimatum, this means you will resign as manager if the request is not accepted

(25) Latest Scores - The ability to see updates on scores while you game is being played

(26) Team Talks - Have Half Time and Full Time Team Talks so you can tell the players what you think of them during the match. At half time if you know what your saying when your teams down maybe you can snatch a win in the second half

(27) The Ability to Add Player Pictures

(28) The Ability to Add Club Kits

(29) The Ability to Add your own Created Skins

(30) Exit to Main Menu- Instead of Quitting the Game after you Retire you can go to the Main Menu

(31) New Unlockable - Unlock Harchester United

(32) Sugar Daddy needs to be Harder to Unlock

(33) The Ability to EDIT LOADS and LOADS and LOADS more of the game

(34) Better Editing Interface

(35) There is no need for country and continent rankings as there is no official rankings list in the real world

(36) THIS IS A MAYBE - Jump from league to league </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, he made a bigger list than mine icon_frown.gif

lol.

I agree with you saying ;

Create are own friendlies,

Fifa World Club Cup and the trial as well as a many others.

Though obviously we cant have even a quarter of all of these features. A handful would be great for FMH08!

Originally posted by pumadalglishgold:

To be honest I’d prefer the PSP game to keep its distance from the PC version and maintain its position as a much quicker more immediate on the go alternative. The 2D engine has taken ages to get right on PC and requires a lot of processing power and it’s actually been quite nice to return to the days when half the fun of each game is adding to the text commentary with your imagination.

icon14.gif I would prefer to have to scout than to just search for high attributes on the player search though i guess Si could just say "Dont use it!" icon_biggrin.gif lol.

So I’d definitely prefer they stick to the text format and concentrate their efforts in other ways. Especially as there seems to be so few people working on the game so the list of things to be changed probably won’t be that long. icon14.gif I enjoy the tension when the text says "PENALTY! Rooney runs up...GOAL!! Great!

A more vibrant transfer market with more movement by other teams and a greater willingness of other teams to make offers for your players so that you’re not stuck with a load of rubbish players for years. icon_razz.gif I have sold 2 players in 11 years! And both accumulated to a measly £4,500,000!

Allow us to manually lower the value of players so that you can make them more attractive to other teams and sell them much easier. icon_biggrin.gif A must for me...

Make the fog of war much more intrusive so that scouting becomes essential and gives you something other than matches to concentrate on during the out of transfer window periods. The player search is far too helpful and gives us too much info on players too quickly. A general impression of their overall skill would be fine. Then you have to scout them to discover the individual stats. icon_biggrin.gif I would like a more in depth report as at the moment the scouts only give us a small impression eg. Scout 1 reccomends Rooney as an excellent signing.

QUOTE]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pumadalglishgold:

...2D engine has taken ages to get right on PC and requires a lot of processing power and it’s actually been quite nice to return to the days when half the fun of each game is adding to the text commentary with your imagination...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Good point, i often find myself picturing the game/even saying commentary to myself as i read...icon_smile.gif Plus the amount of effort required to develop the 2d match engine to a sufficient standard would not justify its introduction, and would take a lot of time away from devs time to work on other more important features in need of improvement.

Good post pumadalglishgold icon_smile.gif

To Everyone that say they don't want 2D MATCH ENGINE

FROM STEWY

I did say they SHOULD have a POP-UP MENU so you can choose what you want before the game starts - 3 OPTIONS -- 2D Match, Match Commentary, Quick Simulate

I did not say 2D Match Engine would slow game down if you pressed on Match Commentary. How is that going to slow match commentary down if you dont click on 2D Match Engine. To make it even quicker than having it on very fast match commentary i've added Quick Simulate

Hey Stewy. I don't think the issue is the speed of the game. I think the big problem is the development time it would take to implement a 2D match in the PSP version. It would probably take so much time and effort that there would be little time left for the dvelopers to make any other changes in the game. And personally I would prefer to have a number of other changes as mentioned above rather than a 2D match engine.

I had an idea, though i think it would more likely be one for the pc version only.

I think when agreeing to an offer for a player you should have an option to explain to the player, for example, tell them you only agreed because the offer was from a big club and you want whats best for the player. Then its down to their loyalty as to whether or not they leave. On the other hand you could tell them they have no place in your squad and effectively push them out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">giving it a 2d match engine is a must

just dont add all the other crap thats in FM PC

keep it as it is, just add a 2d engine, and fmpsp will be the perfect game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

too much mem required, would slow it down a load iirc

we're not asking for much are we guys ? icon_biggrin.gif lol

I think it does need a little improvement say adding own tactics, creating own friendlys etc..

Yet is choosing squad numbers such a big thing,

and player personal life problems... id be annoyed and if i could give advice id tell him to get over it.(unless of course if someone had died.)

But i would not like to have that thrown in my face if he was a star player before and big game or even when there wasn't anything happening id still be quite annoyed just dont want them messages.

The End icon_razz.gif

Archived