Drunken Player!

Because it should have been "being".

I understand that, but what does [sic] mean?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on Wiki

Sic is a Latin word meaning "thus", "so", "as such", or "in such a manner". In writing, it is placed within square brackets and usually italicized – [sic] – to indicate that an incorrect or unusual spelling, phrase, punctuation, and/or other preceding quoted material has been reproduced verbatim from the quoted original and is not a transcription error.

Never seen that used before...

• 3 weeks later...
Andrew Brooker failed to report for training today, after being spotted by paparazzi leaving a nightclub in the early hours of the morning
remember to fine him!

I just had this happen to me, but I only issued him a warning. However, he thought this "warning" was harsh!

He then proceeded to do the same thing (get caught by paparazzi leaving a nightclub) the very next day, so I fined him two weeks wages this time. ;-)

Really never had that before!!! When is it acutally okay to fine them wages? They always think its unfair!!!!!

He's not happy. He's stopped visiting the nightclub, but he's still failing to turn up at training. :-)

0489285641.jpg

Edit (Update) - Back at the nightclub again now for the 3rd time.....lol Never seen this before....I was going to sell the kid (18 yo...valued at 4.9 mill), but I might hold on to him because he has some personality.

Really never had that before!!! When is it acutally okay to fine them wages? They always think its unfair!!!!!

I usually warn every player once before they get a fine and add it to their notes, then the next time they mess up they get a fine, the depends upon the severity of the offence. Unprofessional behaviour is usually only a one week wage fine, anyhting like violent conduct or continual dismissals will result in 2 week fines. I've only ever seen one of my playersbe sent off more than once a season and that was Coloccini, sent off 3 times in one season. Other than that it seems to work well as 90% of my squad usually accept their fines and I dont get too many discipline problems.

Once players start wanting first team football or having personal problems (usually this relates to not being in the first team anyway) I ship them out on loan or to a feeder club to settle them down.

lol never heard of/seen this before! I almost want it to happen on my game now...although I guess this only happens if you are manager of a big city club (there aren't many nightclubs in Burton for my players to get drunk in!)

As for fines, I generally issue a warning for a first offence, then a fine if they repeat it.

Why nb? Because of the spelling error, or because SI are not aware of this news item in the coding?

I am thinking it is more to do with the belligerent nature of this regen and his wanton ways of career destruction? :D NB might want to examine that more closely.

Never have I met a regen who was so incorrigible and thank goodness!

i had a 17 year old greek regen doing this. had him for six months and nothing happened, then all of the sudden he comes back from the summer break and gets three "missed training and was seen partying by paparazzi" messages. fined him 2 weeks wages and he thought it was unfair so i sent him out on loan.

If you have the save game for this, we would very much appreciate it being uploaded to our FTP so we can take a look. Let us know either way, thanks.

Are you talking to me or the original poster? I thought this was a pretty common thing in the game?

I can upload it if you want.......what do I need to do?

Archived