Installation Without a DVD Player?

So I picked up this game about a week ago, and I'm already so addicted that I'd like to have it on my work computer for my breaks. Problem being, it's such a piece of junk that it only has a CD player, not a DVD. Also, I can't download from Steam because I'm in Korea. Any answers here, other than getting a portable DVD player? Does SI have somewhere I can download it from, then input the CD key?

I have the American Worldwide Soccer edition, if it matters.

If you wanted to download a version, you would have to pay again I believe :(

Paying again is not required with Steam if you already own a boxed version of the game. If the game is available to you through Steam, you can just input your registration key and Steam will allow you to download it.

Can I download from this thread via the Torrent and use my existing CD key?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=84039

That is for Mac systems though. If your work computer is on Windows, that would be a no-go.

Also, just out of curiosity, is Steam totally not available for use in South Korea? Or just that the game is not available with your region being selected as South Korea?

If I try the "Buy Now!" option via Steam, I get this answer:

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

Guess maybe Sega do not have the rights to sell it to the South Korean market? But you did buy the boxed version from a South Korean retailer right? Or was it imported from off the internet?

My folks bought it off Amazon in the US and then sent it to me for Christmas.

Ah ok, your best bet would be to get hold of a portable dvd-rom as mentioned earlier then. That will involve no more forking out of money on your part, unlike if you were to go down the Gamersgate route.

Just download any torrent you find. it can't be considered illegal as long as you have the original cdkey and activate it ;)

Encouraging the downloading of illegal copies of the game is never a good idea on the official forums mate. Even if he already owns a legal copy, the very act of illegal downloading is inappropriate.

Moderators do not take kindly to such suggestions too.

Encouraging the downloading of illegal copies of the game is never a good idea on the official forums mate. Even if he already owns a legal copy, the very act of illegal downloading is inappropriate.

Moderators do not take kindly to such suggestions too.

I'm not encouraging any ilegal act. I own a legal copy as e does. I alway buy the game. I'm a moderator of an official SI affiliate forum and would never encourage piracy.

he owns the game. he payed for it. he has the right to install and play in any computer he feels like. The torrent sugestion is just a tecnicality. ;)

Besides, I didn't (and never would) give any link to download it.

Archived