Unable to sell/release a player

I have been playing as Portsmouth's manager and I will use David Nugent as an example.

It seems no matter what value I have transfer listed him, or offered him to clubs for, it appears that no other club wants him. I find this really strange, as surely a player valued at £3.5m would be wanted by another club, seeing that I have even tried offering to other clubs for nothing.

I know he might not be the greatest of players, but this has happened on numerous occasions with other players, I was just using Nugent as an example from my current game.

Is there anything I can do to offload players that I do not want taking up wages. I just think it is unrealistic that no other club would want a player valued at £3.5 million on the game for nothing. It just seems strange that this happens a lot.

ive had this too it can be annoying, what i did is left him in the reserve's a while and when he hit form i offered him out for nothing to clubs a few were intrested and i had a few offers a while later. also try sending him to a feeder club if you have one.

Originally posted by Dino M:

I have been playing as Portsmouth's manager and I will use David Nugent as an example.

It seems no matter what value I have transfer listed him, or offered him to clubs for, it appears that no other club wants him. I find this really strange, as surely a player valued at £3.5m would be wanted by another club, seeing that I have even tried offering to other clubs for nothing.

I know he might not be the greatest of players, but this has happened on numerous occasions with other players, I was just using Nugent as an example from my current game.

Is there anything I can do to offload players that I do not want taking up wages. I just think it is unrealistic that no other club would want a player valued at £3.5 million on the game for nothing. It just seems strange that this happens a lot.

I think part of the problem in situations like this is that clubs that might be interested cannot afford the wages the player would demand. The 'filter unrealistic targets' thingie does filter out players who might want to join you but who have wage demands you can't meet; i assume it works the same for AI clubs.

I had the same problem with Gonzalo Higuain with Real Madrid, he was surplus to requirements but no one wanted him. So eventually his contract was running out and i kept him on a rolling contract and still no one wanted him, so i offered him a new contract and his wages were cut severely....and he accepted....then clubs started coming in with loan offers everywhere, full of future fees thrown into them, still have not sold him though because on loan at the minute his value has shot up to 20 million euro and he cannot stop scoring for Sevilla

Originally posted by daidaithesequel:

I had the same problem with Gonzalo Higuain with Real Madrid, he was surplus to requirements but no one wanted him. So eventually his contract was running out and i kept him on a rolling contract and still no one wanted him, so i offered him a new contract and his wages were cut severely....and he accepted....then clubs started coming in with loan offers everywhere, full of future fees thrown into them, still have not sold him though because on loan at the minute his value has shot up to 20 million euro and he cannot stop scoring for Sevilla

Gonzalo Higuain...surplus?

I'm baffled.

Originally posted by CGSilva5:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daidaithesequel:

Gonzalo Higuain...surplus?

I'm baffled. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes irl he is good but in the game he doesnt turn out to be a world class player imo which is injustice since he is good

how i sell my players....

put transfer status as "not needed by club"

then put his askin price to £0

then put on transfer list and loan list

usually i find clubs are interested at this point, then i offer to clubs for £0, with the value of the player paid in monthly installment.... hope this helps

lee_the_pea, I have tried all of that, but still nobody wants to make an offer. I would have thought offering a player for nothing would be more appealing to a club, than having to pay a fee over a period of months.

The other this is, I signed Thiago Motta, who did not prove as good as I thought he was going to, so when I transfer listed him, Villareal offered the asking price, but Motta would not leave without me topping up his wages, which was acceptable to me, as I signed him for free but was offered 1.8m and he wanted 5k a week for the 18 months left on his contract. HE accepted and signed for Villareal.

I would have thought this could have happened with Nugent and others I have tried to offload.

Archived