Obscene Transfer Fees.

I heard the obscene transfer fees had been sorted after SI had ripped out and re-written that particular part of the game but I’m not convinced that’s the case due to the fees I’ve been quoted in the time I’ve owned FM09, I’ve had it roughly month and although I think it’s a big improvement on 07 & 08 I’m still disappointed with this comsidering it's still pretty far removed from the fees we seen being paid IRL.

Anyone else feel the same way or am I being a tad harsh?

Anotoliy Tymoschuk – 33.5M. (Hmm, Zenit are greedy but they're not insane)

Kevin Nolan – 13.5M (He’s recently been sold by Bolton IRL for 4.5M)

Gareth Barry – 40M (Yes, 40M. He was quoted to Liverpool at around 18-20M)

Robert Huth – 11M. (Need I say more?)

Glen Johnson – 15M. (Even Manchester City would run a mile at that price)

I bought C. Ronaldo by 84M. MU asked for 1.xxB, but then I successfully made him unhappy so the price went down a bit. I think 84M is a bit too expensive but within an acceptable range (as we have Man City in the real world!). But for many gd regens the AI club always ask for more than 10M which I think is way too much.

I heard the obscene transfer fees had been sorted after SI had ripped out and re-written that particular part of the game but I’m not convinced that’s the case due to the fees I’ve been quoted in the time I’ve owned FM09, I’ve had it roughly month and although I think it’s a big improvement on 07 & 08 I’m still disappointed with this comsidering it's still pretty far removed from the fees we seen being paid IRL.

Anyone else feel the same way or am I being a tad harsh?

What do you do when you don't want to sell a player, but also don't want to make them unhappy? You put the price up.

The above players are wanting to be kept by their clubs, hence they put the price up.

It's that simple. It's not a bug.

the new engine is crap.

basically if u transfer list a player, you can offer him for twice his value and 95% of the time get offers.

if a club outright bids for a player, you can get obsence ammounts of money over 12 months + the clause "after 1 appearance". then ontop of all that, the AI doesn't even play them.

im sorry but VERY VERY poor!

the new engine is crap.

basically if u transfer list a player, you can offer him for twice his value and 95% of the time get offers.

if a club outright bids for a player, you can get obsence ammounts of money over 12 months + the clause "after 1 appearance". then ontop of all that, the AI doesn't even play them.

im sorry but VERY VERY poor!

You say that, but IMO, which seems to conform with the general consensus around here, is that the transfer module in 09 is a considerable improvement over the one in 08. At least with this one you can sell your players rather than being forced to wait until their contracts ran out

You say that, but IMO, which seems to conform with the general consensus around here, is that the transfer module in 09 is a considerable improvement over the one in 08. At least with this one you can sell your players rather than being forced to wait until their contracts ran out

You certainly aren't alone.

Everybody knows it isn't and probably won't ever be perfect, but luckily not everyone resorts to foul language and ranting to convey that opinion.

What do you do when you don't want to sell a player, but also don't want to make them unhappy? You put the price up.

The above players are wanting to be kept by their clubs, hence they put the price up.

It's that simple. It's not a bug.

People thinking it's a bug have to take this into account.

Fair point anagain.

I’m not saying it should be perfect and I agree that FM09 is a significant step forward from its predecessors but I still expected a stronger correlation between the game and real life moves and fees for players.

I’ve seen Alessandro Del Piero sign for Arsenal at 17.5M, you’re telling me that isn’t unrealistic? At 34 he’s scored 5 goals in six games and has average rating of 7.82, can you see him doing that in the EPL IRL? Arsene Wenger is almost fatally allergic to players over 30 and yet he’s forking out 17.5M for a 34 year old on here, in comparison Emmanuel Adebayor has 5 goals in 10 games and has an average rating of 6.84, Robin van Persie has 2 goals in 9 games and has average rating of 6.76, does that seem realistic to you?

Tottenham have signed a continuously injured Michael Owen for 10.5M and he’s scored 7 goal’s in 10 games and he has an average rating of 7.80, pre-Real Madrid move those stats would of been acceptable but now? No chance.

They’ve also signed a 32 year old Belleti for 4.8M from fierce London rival’s Chelsea who happened to of signed him in the same summer on a free transfer from Barcelona, that transfer is never going to happen, full stop.

The fact is, I’m not asking for perfection and I’m not saying there’s a bug in there. What I do think however, is that SI didn’t think the re-written version through properly and what you see above is a consequence of that.

I bought Tymoschuk for 12 mil in the first season and Gareth Barry was sold for 15-20 mil (there were a lot of offers dont remember exactly)

Now 11M for Huth... :D

Archived