Ass Man Attacks You

Just wondering if in FM09 your assistant manager can take a cheap shot (criticize) and attack you in the media for something you did or said either during a game or in general? I would think that something like this would have a very negative effect on team morale.

Yeah true, I would sack him as soon as he said anything bad towards me but It could happen if he was leaving the club or was near the end of his contract, then he might say something along the lines of "BLAH BLAH is a terrible manager, they will fail with him in the position" or something like that, would be an interesting one.

Why would you want this "feature"? It's unrealistic, and it serves no purpose.

Whats next? Matches abandoned because of a flock of seagulls attack the pitch?

If you read the my original post properly, I was asking if this happens, I didnt say I wanted it to happen :rolleyes:

Yeah true, I would sack him as soon as he said anything bad towards me but It could happen if he was leaving the club or was near the end of his contract, then he might say something along the lines of "BLAH BLAH is a terrible manager, they will fail with him in the position" or something like that, would be an interesting one.

Even if he was an outgoing coach/assman, i very much doubt that after slating his current manager in the press that there will be another one to give him a chance.

I'm sure the answer to the OP is no. But, one thing that is hilarious is when you have a player/assman. Ask him to do a report on himself and you might get the recommendation that he off-loads himself as soon as possible!

ahah i think i'll have to try that

I've heard some terrible anthems sung, but that would be the worst. The homeside should for forced to forfeit, and the crowd wouldn't mind a bit, having already fled the stadium...

Just wondering if in FM09 your assistant manager can take a cheap shot (criticize) and attack you in the media for something you did or said either during a game or in general? I would think that something like this would have a very negative effect on team morale.

If i remember correctly,in 1998/99 Brian Kidd [then assistant at Manchester United]apparently went behind Fergies back and recomended [to the then chairman Martin Edwards]that they signed John Hartson instead of Dwight Yorke which eventualy led to the break down in there relationship and Kidd leaving soon after to manage Blackburn.Also i believe Rafa Benitez fell out with his assistant last year although i am not sure what that was over,but again the assistant left the club.So it does happen and would make an interesting feature if it was implemented in the right way.

I wouldnt mind seeing games post poned due to weather conditions therefore resulting in a fixture pile up, like last seasons SPL.

Pako Ayerstan, Rafa's #2 was alleged to have talked to Chelski, that's why their relationship broke down. He was the best assman in FM08 and, arguably, Rafa has been struggling IRL without him.

Struggled all the way into title contention for the first season since he's been at Liverpool. :)

------

Fixture pile-up? Try a game every 3 days from mid-December to mid-February and praying for weather postponements. English League 2 squads aren't built for that kind of thing :D

Scottish fixture pile-ups CAN be that bad Zebedee. Sometimes you can end up with 4 games in a week during the end of the season because of having played no games in the end of November, most of December and some of January, sometimes even early Feb. Might not be as many games, but the fact your pitch is rendered unusable by weather for nearly 3 months makes a big difference.

Also, think the English Third Division is bad for games? Try the Conference, mate. Instead of the League Cup, which you'll get knocked out of early, you get the Conference Cup. Especially bad if your FA Cup AND FA Trophy games go to replays.

Good to see im not crazy for asking this question.

I think it's a good question to ask, I remember Mickey Adams when he was Dave Basset's ass. manager in Leicester. He said that he was going to be loyal to Basset until the end of season, but next season there has to be changes. Next season Mickey Adams was the manager.

Archived